Johnny Chandler
Calling all DBS owners

it's 40 years next month since the DBS in its V8 form went into production and with the support of AMOC various events have been earmarked to celebrate this anniversary. 

St John's Horsefall Race Meeting at Silverstone - Saturday 22nd May. This will be the 60th such gathering and this year will also include a dedicated display area for all DBS's (6 cylinder, V8's, related and present day models). If you'd like to participate in the display please get in touch. A DBS birthday parade lap of Silverstone is still to be confirmed but seems very likely, again please get in touch if you would like to be involved. Tony Christie (Classic Engineering) has kindly agreed to bring a gazebo and we could probably do with another, can anyone help? Barbecue and guest of honor still tbc. Entrance to the whole event I'm advised is £20 per car (regardless of the number of passengers) and full details of the races can be found on page 16 of the March edition of AM News. This should be a fantastic day.

International Dinner At The Oxford Belfry, Thame - Saturday 22nd May (evening). The 3 course Spring dinner also includes a Champagne Taittinger reception and is being held in the Lincoln Suite of this 4-star hotel. Those planning to attend both the St John's Horsefall meet and the following day at Blenheim Palace may be interested in the limited bedrooms reserved. The dinner is £47.50 per head whilst rooms are £109 per double including breakfast. Please contact Mrs Audrey Carter at AMOC on 01865 400400 ex21 for booking forms etc.

Spring Concours d’Etat at Blenheim Palace near Oxford - Sunday 23rd May. As part of the International Weekend during what is AMOC's Jubilee Week there is an offer of a dedicated DBS display area here too. Again any owners wishing to participate please get in touch. Entrance to the event is expected to be circa £14 per person and all other details can be obtained again from Mrs Audrey Carter or by emailing pr@amoc.org

Visit to Works Service, Newport Pagnell and Club HQ -  Monday 24th May. Owners wishing to take their DBS V8's 'back to base' might want to take advantage of this visit to their birthplace. Again this is part of AMOC's own 75th anniversary celebrations and they very much welcome all Aston owners. At the moment this looks like being free but for more details of this 1 day event please contact yveslenaerts@gmail.com

Goodwood Supercar Breakfast Club - Sunday 6th June. If you can't make the events in May this is always impressive and a perfect opportunity to mark the 40th anniversary. Entrance is free and a meeting point can be arranged nearer the time if people want arrive on mass.

Bromley Pageant
- Sunday 13th June. It's reputed to be the 'biggest one-day car show in the world' and 22 club cars are already confirmed for this year as AMOC's Area 7 look to build on last years silverware winning debut display. It would be great to have some DBS flying the flag on the day. Entance is just £5 so please get in touch if you'd like an application form or more info.

Get in touch if you're interested or plan to support to any of these.

Best wishes

Johnny Chandler (Area

johnny @ divisionone.co.uk
Tel: 07981 578876
Quote 0 0
CQ DBSV8
We're planning on coming to the Spring Concours at Blenheim Palace in my DBS V8.  I wasn't aware of the display at the Horsfall so I am also interested in coming to this, especially if there is a track parade.

In the past we have just turned up on the day, do we need to book in advance?
Chris Quested
1972 AM V8 and late seventies V8 Vantage
Quote 0 0
Johnny Chandler
CQ DBSV8 wrote:

We're planning on coming to the Spring Concours at Blenheim Palace in my DBS V8.  I wasn't aware of the display at the Horsfall so I am also interested in coming to this, especially if there is a track parade.

In the past we have just turned up on the day, do we need to book in advance?
I still need to finalise the details with AMOC but I imagine anyone wishing to be part of the display and if it gets a green light, the track parade will probably need to book in advance to get a special car pass in order to reserve there spot etc. As soon as I've got more info I'll post it up. Cheers
Quote 0 0
stevobland
Is my 1980 V8 to new for the party? I'm going to Blenhiem anyway, Audrey tells me to show my membership card for discount on the gate but is there an organised DBS/V8 parking area?
Quote 0 0
Johnny Chandler
Stevie Eight wrote:

Is my 1980 V8 to new for the party? I'm going to Blenhiem anyway, Audrey tells me to show my membership card for discount on the gate but is there an organised DBS/V8 parking area?
Hi Steve

anyone wanting to celebrate the 40th is more than welcome. As regards the specific parking area I'm still trying to get clarity from AMOC on how they'd like this to work but if anyone wanting to be part of the display at either the Horsefall or Blenheim can let me know by the end of this month at the latest that would be a great help.

cheers 
Quote 0 0
stevobland
Count me in Johnny, I was going to go to the Bonhams auction but Silverstone sounds better (and cheaper )
My car is tidy but not concours. I'm local to both events anyway, just confirm timing etc when you have them. Steve
Quote 0 0
Johnny Chandler
This week AMOC Club and Company Secretary Johnny Dallow has confirmed that in addition to the dedicated display area there will be a lunchtime DBS Silverstone circuit Track Parade at the St John's Horsefall meet on the Saturday 22nd May to celebrate the 40th anniversay of the DBS in V8 form going into production. This is great news and if you haven't been in touch yet and would like to display and be part of the circuit parade please email to reserve your spot.

johnny @ divisionone.co.uk

ps. this is not a concours display and parade and there is no additional charge. All are very welcome.
Quote 0 0
Johnny Chandler
This week AMOC Club and Company Secretary Johnny Dallow has confirmed that in addition to the dedicated display area there will be a lunchtime DBS Silverstone circuit Track Parade at the St John's Horsfall meet on Saturday 22nd May. This is to mark the  40th anniversay of the DBS in V8 form going into production. Obviously this is great news and if you haven't been in touch yet and would like to display and be part of the circuit parade please email to register your interest.

cheers

johnny

johnny@divisionone.co.uk

ps. this is not a concours display and parade and there is no additional charge. All are very welcome.
Quote 0 0