Russell Show full post »
Russell
not sure what went wrong but we wont meet at oversley services as it has just been pointed the distance. it was only a little bit on the map......
dont panic i will have a local venue soon
Russell
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence ? i think not.
Quote 0 0
Russell
We now have a nice venue to meet about 7 minutes away so all is good and plenty of room and tea and coffee as well. i will be mailing all of you before hand within the next few days with any luck.
what i need is :

ACKO can you email me your reg number and real name please

P'Obrian not had any details nor seen any posts since the original "i want to come" as a consequence if i dont hear we are about to bump you off the list in favour of someone else if you dont hurry up. i have 21 cars trying to fit into 20 slots but if we all breathe in i am sure we will fit but if i dont hear from you i will give your place away to another enthusiast. sorry if that happens but not for the want of trying on my part to get hold you so i hope you read this.

russellh@iconconnect.com
Quote 0 0
ChrisDodd
What time are you planning to arrive with the Vanqui convoy? It promises to be quite a sight and sound.
Quote 0 0
Russell
a little bit after 10-30 i would think. we are meeting in a pub about 5 minutes away and should leave there about 10-30
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
Russell wrote:

a little bit after 10-30 i would think. we are meeting in a pub about 5 minutes away and should leave there about 10-30

Red trousers or not Russell?????? Hee hee!!!!!!!!!
Quote 0 0
Russell
no none of those. banned.
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
Russell wrote:

no none of those. banned.

LOL, !!!!!! you love them really Russell, Don't fight it!!!!!! LOL
Quote 0 0
Andy M
Just a quick catch up Russelll, anything I need to know or do to get ready for Sunday ?

Andy
Quote 0 0
Russell
just had a prompt about people meeting up for this. that might be hard to do but might work for some
i have a long way to come and it then means leaving a bit earlier
but i am A1/M25/A40
if anyone wants to meet along the way i dont mind at all as often amusing maybe up the A40 somewhere maybe wheatley services perhaps
Quote 0 0
Russell
Andy M wrote:

Just a quick catch up Russelll, anything I need to know or do to get ready for Sunday ?

Andy

no chap think all looks ok for the pub meet, i have arranged coffee for us all and we then do need to leave prompt at 10.30
so i will be there for 10
Quote 0 0
Andy M
Sounds good, I'm coming from Amersham so am straight onto the M40,  will happily meet up at Wheatley en route, it looks like that is where I would peel off onto the A40 anyway.

Andy
Quote 0 0
Russell
ok it looks like an hour and a half drive to the pub from what i can see so i would have to leave at 8.30am sharp as i cant be late.
happy to meet from 8am onwards and have a leg stretch
see you there if you want to ? will make for a nicer drive for sure to have company.
anyone else ?
Quote 0 0
DB PHiL
Was gonna go, but family issues have put a stop to that!
......have a good day.
Quote 0 0
Clayton
Hi All, I've been away and didn't see this thread. I will be bringing 1255 to the concours this Sunday. Not sure I'll be in time for the convoy though. Where are you meeting, I couldn't see this in the posts. If I don't make the convoy, will there be a few spare spaces in the line at the concours?
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
Russell wrote:

ok it looks like an hour and a half drive to the pub from what i can see so i would have to leave at 8.30am sharp as i cant be late.
happy to meet from 8am onwards and have a leg stretch
see you there if you want to ? will make for a nicer drive for sure to have company.
anyone else ?

Don't get those RED trousers too creased will you Russell!!!!!!! LOL
Quote 0 0
Russell
slight change to previous
1. i have the car park passes with me and will hand them out at the pub
2. we are going to be on film so we need to all drive sensible slow speed through on the parade and keep a car length apart so they can get you on the film without huge gaps or miss the front of your car because you are tail gating
3. for anyone that fancies it a couple of us are meeting at wheatley services on the M40/A40 intersection at 8.30am and then we will be gone at 8.50am so if no one there we have left so leave yourselves.
4. tea and coffee at the pub are all on me so we can make a quick getaway
5. dont forget to thank Mark Donoghue when you see him (will be in a loud expensive suit normally) as we are his invited guests for the day, so very nice of Mark.

meet details below clayton. we do have one spot but only if you are coming to meet at the pub so email me please with your car reg and name
russellh@iconconnect.com.

Location         Sudeley Castle, Winchcombe, Cheltenham, Gloucester, GL54 5JD
http://www.sudeleycastle.co.uk

Meeting point         10.00 – 10.30 am at The Royal Oak, Gretton, Cheltenham, Gloucester, GL54 5EP
http://www.royaloakgretton.co.uk

The plan is we meet at some time after 10am with a view to head off around 10.45 so if you have missed that cut off point go straight there or be phoning me with an ETA.
We will see if we can arrange that tea and coffee will be available at the pub and it’s owner is the caterer that the Castle uses, Matthew Brown. The royal Oak has wonderful views over the countryside.

It will be a relatively mild exit and journey to the Castle, well at least that is the plan, but judging from how people left the Newport Pagnell event, I am not sure that instruction didn’t get skipped over but the idea is to remain together.

At the castle driveway we will slow down and ensure we are all in the drive together and then head slowly into the castle more than likely as noisy as possible but up to the individual.

Mark and his colleagues will be there to help park us all up and please listen as the idea is to get us parked in a very pretty format as we are all on video so we need to stay a car length away as we go through.

The entrance costs for the day have been kindly waived by Mark as we are his guests so a very kind gesture deserving a thank you when you see him and I will have the car park invites with me on the day.
Quote 0 0
milog
I am looking forward seeing the pictures an video.  Shame I couldn't make it. Have fun
Quote 0 0
12 POT
This will be the first autumn Concours that I will have missed in the last 5 years and so I too would be pleased to see any photo's or video of the day.  Hope the weather stays dry for all who are attending.
Quote 0 0
chris.garside
Russell, many thanks for organising a great day. The pre-meet was a great way to meet up with fellow Vanquish keepers before we got into the Autumn Concours event at Sudeley Castle.
Chris
Quote 0 0
DB PHiL
All we need now, for those who couldn't make it, are some photos 
Quote 0 0
Vanquish 2591
Thank you Russell, for organising the event in the event. Worth coming, don't you have long distance trophies? 
Quote 0 0