mrw
How many of us are intending to be at Newport Pagnell next Saturday 21st I wonder and should we go for an informal meet or gathering?
What is the collective noun - a 'thunder of Vanquish' perhaps?

I will be driving up from Kent, so if anyone else is coming from a similar direction, perhaps we can RV en-route and have a bit of fun getting there?

Good fortune on the road ahead !
Martin
Quote 0 0
Vanquish 2591
I will be there and 2591 will be around, too
Quote 0 0
Elderton
so will I - will be coming from Hertfordshire
Quote 0 0
Astonpower
I shall be there too 
Quote 0 0
gracedieucourt
i will also be there, coming from south wales - probably cross country via the cotswolds if the weather is good

i've bought the premier package thing so hopefully should get a decent parking place - would AML organise a Vanquish section of the car park do you think?

Mike
Quote 0 0
CB23
Yep .... I'm going too. Also on 'Premier'. Not sure if I'm bringing the Vanquish or not yet.....

Any of the Vanquish crowd going to the Spring Concours the following day then ??
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
gracedieucourt wrote:

i will also be there, coming from south wales - probably cross country via the cotswolds if the weather is good

i've bought the premier package thing so hopefully should get a decent parking place - would AML organise a Vanquish section of the car park do you think?

Mike
The premier car park is very small so suggest early arrival. Little chance of vanquish only section due to size. Bought premier package two years ago and got last place in car park. Lunch was superb however. Reserved places in auction room taken by someone else but plenty of other seats available.
Quote 0 0
adam64
What time would you recommend arriving, and is there adequate parking for non-premier visitors? I've never been before but plan to come this time. I'll be coming from Wilts, up A34 then cross country to NP if anyone fancies an RV. Not sure if i'll be in Vanquish or V8..... depends on the weather.
Quote 0 0
desousa
I will be there too, also on the Premier Lunch package and also at the Concours on Sunday.
But I will fly from Porto so 2220 will stay behind.
Anybody interested in a get-to-know-each-other sort of meeting? Say 12 o'clock (or any other time) at the main gate (or some other meeting point)?
Who will carry "the" Vanquish banner?
Jose
Quote 0 0
gracedieucourt
Last year I got in the premier parking at 11am. There is plenty of non premier parking signed at the factory, located half a mile away with shuttle bus to and from but better to arrive mid morning if you can to enjoy all the cars inside and outside the factory, avoid the bus queues and research your bids...

Are we doing that fantasy bidding competition again this year?

Jose happy to meet you and others at noon for a chat next to my toro red vanquish S which will be in the premier parking near the main gate, it has twin side strakes and a black roof so probably distinctive.

Who needs a banner when you have a vanquish! Sacrilegious not to bring it back to it's birthplace if you live in UK IMO!

Mike
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
gracedieucourt wrote:

Last year I got in the premier parking at 11am. There is plenty of non premier parking signed at the factory, located half a mile away with shuttle bus to and from but better to arrive mid morning if you can to enjoy all the cars inside and outside the factory, avoid the bus queues and research your bids...

Jose happy to meet you and others at noon for a chat next to my toro red vanquish S which will be in the premier parking near the main gate, it has twin side strakes and a black roof so probably distinctive.

Who needs a banner when you have a vanquish! Sacrilegious not to bring it back to it's birthplace if you live in UK IMO!

Mike
As he's flying in from Porto I assume he's in Portugal.
Quote 0 0
desousa
V12 MCC wrote:

As he's flying in from Porto I assume he's in Portugal.
That's right Mike.
See you at 12 then.
Jose
Quote 0 0
mrw
Is there a timetable for the day or list of anything happening outside the auction?
I looked on the AM and WS website but couldn't see anything.
As it will be my first time, I would be grateful for any tips or advice from regular visitors - I am principally looking forward to meeting other Vanquish owners, but anything to soak up the collective atmosphere (and probably spend some money!) would be good.
Thanks
Martin
Quote 0 0
gracedieucourt
automobilia auction starts at 11am, cars from 230pm according to bonhams

http://www.bonhams.com/eur/auction/19283/

you can usually wander around the factory looking at the cars up for auction, there are various people from different AML departments explaining how they can restore or enhance your car, the AML gift shop is usually open and there's a small exhibition of trinket providers - think aston silverware and leather bags - and the AMOC stand plus Autoglym sell their wares outside. there is also a beer and burger tent usually by the front gate and loads of fine Astons to examine in the various car parks around...

Mike
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Looking at all the different Astons in all the different car parks is almost the best bit. A wonderful experience.
Quote 0 0
Astonpower
Martin, If you wish you can sit in mine on Saturday . . . . maybe that would be too cruel 

Malcolm
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Not at all malcolm, thank you. I'm not sure if coming yet. Job interview on Tuesday and if I get it will be working Saturday mornings.
Quote 0 0
tim_c
gracedieucourt wrote:

Indeed - what a good idea - I have started this on a new thread.....................but watch out for the extra rule this year - ONE barn find only
Registrar of Cars, AMHT
Quote 0 0
mrw
Astonpower wrote:

Martin, If you wish you can sit in mine on Saturday . . . . maybe that would be too cruel 

Malcolm
Thanks Astonpower, but sit in your 'what'?
I will bring the Vanquish as it is too good an opportunity to miss and sharing with fellow enthusiasts is what these days are all about!
Martin
Quote 0 0
mrtbird
Elderton wrote:

so will I - will be coming from Hertfordshire
Dam we could have gone together but I'm not there ( I'm not right in the head but thats another story?) I'm from there as-well maybe meet when I'm back in July?
Quote 0 0
NickH
I will be there on Saturday morning with 5XC. Looking forward to it.
Quote 0 0