Mr Toad Show full post »
Mr Toad
RCVantage wrote:

"Ditto"

Would be a fabulous upgrade to a DB7V - You'd never look back !

RC
Except for the admiring looks,in the rear view mirrors! ;D
Quote 0 0
SJH
Quote:
If I had the money the Vanquish S would be allowed to replace my DB7V.

... have to agree. It's the only AM that I would exchange my DB7V for...

Now if I could have one as well as the 7... and a DB4... and a... 
Quote 0 0
Richard Lay
I am hoping this forthcoming downturn in the economy might bring out a nice DB7  Volantee automatic at an attractive price to sit alongside the Vanquish. These must be the best looking two cars of all time.
Richard
Quote 0 0
RCVantage
Oh - Steady on Richard - DB6 MKII Volante might make a better Garage Mate for your Vanq...Keep the NP Bloodline pure !

RC
Quote 0 0
Richard Lay
True but Jan loves the DB7 and she just might drive it home after a night out!
Richard
Quote 0 0
wondercat
RCVantage wrote:

Oh - Steady on Richard - DB6 MKII Volante might make a better Garage Mate for your Vanquish...Keep the NP Bloodline pure !

RC

Keep the NP Bloodline pure .......The Vanquish owes it's existence to the DB7 ;D

DB7 the model that saved the marque.
Quote 0 0
Richard Lay
Now that is a killer argument and your icon photo shows why.
Richard
Quote 0 0
RCVantage
wondercat wrote:

Keep the NP Bloodline pure .......The Vanquish owes it's existence to the DB7 ;D

That's only like saying the DB7 owes it's existance to the DB6, and the DB5 before that, oh and the DB4, & the DB Mk III...and so on all the way back to the Coal Scuttle...

DB7 is a good car, but even Ian Callum even admits it's his 2nd best piece of work - & I was actually only talking about where the cars were manufactured anyway !!!

RC
Quote 0 0
Richard Lay
Your argument is well made, the nice thing is that we cannot loose, Aston's have always given great pleasure.
Richard
Quote 0 0
John D. Papaevangelou
Heritage and tradition is also created via the legacy that is created by time. Every AM model has its own path in these terms.

For me, the Vanquish is linked to both being a flagship as well as the last out of NP. Both of these factors create a separate set of circumstance.

In any case, the story goes on, a fact that will become apparent when the 1-77s (and not only...) will start coming out of production.

I am sure that at that time, the Vanquish Clan will be present and contributing over and above AMOC and other definitions.
Quote 0 0
RCVantage
Abso - bloody - lutely !

RC
Quote 0 0
John D. Papaevangelou
Last time I checked, the games were over 

EDIT: Correcting syntax 'n all  ;D
Quote 0 0
RCVantage
You & your PMK Car were robbed yesterday BTW - 3rd for your car was a mistake IMO...

RC
Quote 0 0
John D. Papaevangelou
The remarks for which marks were deducted are either non-present according to Works's post-mortum or in one case part of the standard production spec (opening, not hole,  in passenger footwell under-carpet for the Home Office equipment fitted during production that is illegal to be even mounted disconnected nowadays due to frequency changes, hence the opening).

Ain't gonna bother about it, along with the comment that was overheard about me that I should not be entering PMK being away from Bletchley. My answer is not to worry, in four years the Olympics will be in London  ;D

Quote 0 0
mcatlin
At least we hope they will be. Picketts lock lives long in the memory!
Quote 0 0