OCThe
Hello,  following our conversation last dec, I went to see the car in Paris which is as desirable as over priced regardless to the low mileage.
here is another comparable and tempting car with a more realistic price may be :
hubbardautocenter.com/used-aston_martin/
Quote 0 0
Vanquish Rider
Advertised price is merely the starting point for negotiations in this era
SteveE

Life Begins Outside Your Comfort Zone
Quote 0 0
Vanquish Rider
OCThe wrote:
Hello,  following our conversation last dec, I went to see the car in Paris which is as desirable as over priced regardless to the low mileage.
here is another comparable and tempting car with a more realistic price may be :
hubbardautocenter.com/used-aston_martin/

Lovely colour
SteveE

Quote 1 0
markm3
Knowing Vanquish's I would buy on maintenance  history rather than just low mileage.
Quote 0 0
OCThe
absolutely Mark thank you.  I have received identical recommendations on the forum.   I am just sharing here the cars that I find as the feedback is always helpful.  I have two  astons with a 15 years experience of ownership, but somehow I feel that finding "the" vanquish is really tricky (and very exciting of course !)  
Quote 0 0
Vanquish Rider
If it has hardly been used you can expect a few things to show themselves after purchase. Typically suspension bushes that have hone stiff start to split with exercise. But these are a pretty low cost fix that any decent mechanic can do. You can even just have the bushes replaced. I would go polybush route if this happens to me again as those bushes seem to have the longest life. The original bushes only last a few years. 
SteveE

Quote 1 0
OCThe
Yes Steve, and one of my main concern aside from finding the car is the maintenance...
Quote 0 0
Richard Lay
I have had my 2002 vanquish for nearly 14 years, have had a Works Manual Conversion and completed 70,000 miles. As long as it has been regularly service by a good service centre they should be reliable but there will always be the unexpected from time to time. The rewards are worth it and there is no more beautiful Aston to use and enjoy. Keep looking.
Richard
Quote 1 0
Dustin
Vanquish Rider-----do you know of anyone who has used standard bushes in the front and poly bush in the rear.

I've read that there are often issues with damaging the arms when trying to push the bushes out and replace only the bushes.  The recommendation is to just replace the entire arm using the jaguar listed part from the conversion list on the Forum.  I suspect if you convert to poly bush you would have to go through the press out process and take your chances----is that correct?

Dustin
Quote 0 0
duncan_wd
Dustin,

I have standard bushes at the front and Polybush at the rear. It was a bit of a chore getting the old bushes out but not that hard.
As soon as I get time I will be doing the front ones. I did say that years ago, unfortunately I have had a very busy few years lately and need to re install my lift at the new house.

Neil
Lifes not a trial run. Do it don't wish it!

Area 9 North West England
Quote 0 0
Vanquish Rider
The rear bushes are prone to failure after only a couple of years even when replacing the full wishbone at the rear. No way I'm putting Jag bushes in next time around.

Not when Neil (comments above) is so full of praise for the polybush items.
SteveE

Quote 0 0
rcfurse
Guys, David and I will look at the issues relating to pressing in/out the bushes. The concern is that you crack the castings but we ought to be able to tool round that.

The reality is that the original bushes in the suspension are rubber. The replacement suspension parts are likely a year old by the time we have bought them out of the distribution system and we all know that rubber progressively hardens. Most of us would not expect ten year old tyres to give us either a good or safe ride so why do we expect original bushes (15+ years old) to be any good?
Add in the fact that the suspension was designed for a Jaguar S Type/Ford T Bird which make <300 BHP and you can understand why they need changing.
When I changed mine it TRANSFORMED the handling of my car but as it has now done a further 20K miles I think I'll have a go at moving it to Poly (unless I buy another VQ first).
R
Quote 0 0
Dustin
Any chance that Polybush would actually put together a complete bushing package for the Vanquish?

I looked at their website and they are listed as jaguar parts----which is still a little confusing even with the forum equivalent chart.

for example ---if I wanted to convert all my bushings to polybush----would I use the Jaguar S as the template---in other words does the jaguar s have the exact same bushings as the vanquish.

I'm living in a little different world than some of you---I don't work on the car---I wash it and I drive it---that's it.  I have a great tech who does my work but they are also an AM dealer.  They will work with me on some aftermarket applications---but are not willing to guarantee their work on aftermarket parts.

I have to decide the lessor of two evils ---the AM cost vs work that is probably fine----but not guaranteed.  Life in the fast lane  🙂

if I can go to my tech with a package of polybush bushings that I know has all the correct bushings for the VQ  and Polybush has verified that---then part of the aftermarket uncertainty would be eliminated and maybe my tech would be more receptive to the parts.

Quote 0 0
Vanquish Rider

Dustin if you pass Duncan’s list to polybush I reckon they would publish a set of bushes on their website or as a titled list. 

Pretty sure they would like to pick up that business.

SteveE

Quote 0 0
rcfurse
Polybush is 12 miles away from me. A visit is in order.
Quote 0 0
Ron Powell
Vanquish Rider is right  - ya gorra use em .....
My 2007 Vanquish S 48,000 Klms., totally as original not molested in any way, had it since 2008, when at 3000 Klms.
First Bushes Service approx. 4000 Klms ago, when at AM Clinic Des Lees advised they are just about to go.
For those interested, it is LHD, about to be shipped to the UK,
ETA end May/early June, once documentation completed, I will have to let it go as LHD no good to me in UK.
Would be interested in P/Ex anything interesting -  a Vanquish S (?) - money either way. 

Quote 0 0
Vanquish Rider
Sell in the states and import a LHD Vanq S. 
SteveE

Quote 0 0
Ron Powell
V R - Don't quite get your reply :"Sell in the states and import a LHD Vanq S" ? .... Already got a LHD,
once my Car in UK and documents sorted then I'll look to moving it on  - shame but what to do LHD no good to me in Uk.  
Quote 0 0
David Randall

I’d be planning lots of European tours ! 😀

Quote 0 0
Vanquish Rider
Ron, you would sell and S for a lot more than a standard V12, so if I were you I would look to import an S rather than the present car. S cars being so cheap n the states. 
SteveE

Quote 0 0
markm3
Ron said his car is an S modell, 2007
Quote 0 0