geewizzpip Show full post »
astro
Stayed at the Chateau d' Etoges on Mike and Beryl Miller's Champagme Tour a couple of years ago.
Very nice, but driving there and back would take a big chunk out of the proposed brief tour duration.
Quote 0 0
Russell
mmm maybe a bit too far
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence ? i think not.
Quote 0 0
Bahama Yellow
I've discussed with the Dutch AMOC section. They will celebrate their 20th anniversary on 12th April 2014, at the castle Ter Worm in Heerlen, which lies in the south of Holland. The idea would be that we get together around this weekend, and on Saturday join the festivities (see below). On Friday, we would host our own welcome dinner for ourselves, and on Sunday we go out riding together, so Friday/Sunday or for ourselves to arrange.

On Saturday, when we join the Dutch AMOC, we look at the following program:
11:00 am start with, after coffee, a drive through three countries.
In the afternoon, after returning, tea or otherwise, then in festive attire, around 18 o'clock drinks and dinner at the castle.
The Dutch AMOC charges Euro 275 per equipe, including a room for the night of Saturday at the castle, dinner, wine. Drinks after the dinner on Saturday are for personal account.

The room at the castle can be reversed for Friday night too, which costs Euro 137,50.

So we would need to know which people are in. Martine (and perhaps Johan) will take point for Friday/Sunday. If we have sufficient people interested, they would need to register with the Dutch AMOC (I got the name and email). And we would need to contact the castle to get the Friday night room sorted.

Needless to say, I am in (I'm going to the Anniversary anyway).
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
Sounds great to me.  Whoops, sorry, am in Madeira that weekend.  Thought it was same as we were planning.
Quote 0 0
Bahama Yellow
Alas, following email exchanges, it would seem that this idea for the 12th in combination with the Anniversary is not going to work out.
Quote 0 0
astro
What a pity, it was a good suggestion. I am not entirely surprised however, 'cos I looked at the website for the Castle venue and there were only three rooms available. Was that the reason the idea wouldn't work out?
Quote 0 0
astro
Just a thought, does anyone fancy a visit to The Emerald Isle ?
I know it rains a lot there but we should be used to it after recent weather in the UK.
Quote 0 0
Bahama Yellow
Nope, Astro, accommodation could have been managed I was told by AMOC Holland. A number of regulars couldn't make it that weekend so it was decided to continue looking for other opportunities.
Quote 0 0
Russell
ireland would too much for the dutch contingent. ok lets think again and keep the may date.
we need to head into france on the way to somewhere nice perhaps straight ahead and head toward
anywhere nice this side of germany
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
Now booked.

10 rooms at Chateau de Vierset in the Ardennes.  With visits to Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps and Nürburgring, plus a WW1 battlefield (as it's the centenary year) on the way.

Great scenery, drives, food, company and cars.

Looking good.
Quote 0 0
Bahama Yellow
Prue is in. Been to the Chateau before, it is very nice there.
Quote 0 0
Russell
count me in chap. looks amazing and a good photoshoot too. should be lots of nice drives out that way i would have thought

can we add the dates into the title
Quote 0 0
Aston Martine
I'm in!
Quote 0 0
Russell
cut and paste in as normal

1. Russell +1
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
This is what I think.  Add or subtract as appropriate.

1. Russell +1
2. Keith +1
3. Nick +1
4. Phil
5. Martine +1
6. Erik +1
7. Johan +1
Quote 0 0
Webby
Russell wrote:
can we add the dates into the title

Happy to, if someone could enlighten me as to what that is.
Quote 0 0
Russell
30th May to 1st June
Quote 0 0
Webby
Owzat!
Quote 0 0
milog
As you are planning things in my backyard I hope its possible to attend for just one day. Drive and dinner.....
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
Of course it is, you're on the list. You might wish to stay on the Saturday night though, we aren't driving anywhere!!
Quote 0 0
Russell
anyone else joining in
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
1. Russell +1
2. Keith +1
3. Nick +1
4. Phil
5. Martine +1
6. Erik +1
7. Johan +1
8.  Milo (Saturday)

Looking at great driving roads, excellent coffee stops, The Ring or Spa, Ypres or Mons, Battle of the Bulge, German forests amnd based at moated Chateau etc. etc.
Quote 0 0
Aston Martine
Gentlemen, how was the drive?

Very sad that there were so many cancellations, including mine. I hope we missed out on a great weekend?
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
An excellent trip Martine.  We went to Dunkirque, the forest for lunch, Mons, our chateau, plenty of alcohol and food, Mammedy (Battle of the Bulge), Nurburgring, Yres and stops along the way. Great fun.  Milo and Roel provided security services for the Saturday trip to Germany in the Volante too

Hard Day's Night!

Our B&B

The usual special parking in Ypres main square.

All other pictures are on a need to know basis.

You and your Aston were greatly missed.
Quote 0 0