geewizzpip Show full post »
Wedgie
milog wrote:

Otherwise its just an other AM event. I like the setup of the Lagonda tour, just Lagonda's which makes it so special.

True but we did accept one DB9 imposter this year and as Russell says it is as much about the people as the cars.

Roger I
Quote 0 0
David Lewington
I think that it's great to have these events which focus on a particular model and it's something that the Club should encourage. However, I have always thought that one of the strengths of the Club and something that I have particularly enjoyed is the fact that it rarely matters what car you own, we all share an interest and passion for the marque in general and that's what counts.

I would like to be able to attend any event where the venue, the participants or the cars were of interest to me.

I understand what Milo means about an event being just another AMOC event, but hopefully the organisers of such events (Virage, Lagonda, V&V, Feltham etc) can encourage enough owners of the relevant models to attend their events to ensure that a few interlopers didn't change the focus of that event.
Quote 0 0
Russell
i think business as usual. come in what you have and appreciate the virage. a shame we cant persuade more virage to join in.
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence ? i think not.
Quote 0 0
milog
yes, all good remarks. Lets encourage more and more V-cars to participate. Would be a shame if there was only one or two of them.
Quote 0 0
holllandn
Bit late to the the thread but I will be there with my lovely (virage) V8 Volante LWB and my even lovelier wife!
Quote 0 0
Russell
she is deffo lovelier than you
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
Agreed!
Quote 0 0
holllandn
Easy tiger !
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
milog wrote:

yes, all good remarks. Lets encourage more and more V-cars to participate. Would be a shame if there was only one or two of them.

Start twisting all Virage owners arms then, direct and not just on the Forum, especially when you have a date and location. Is there such a thing as a Virage register?
Roger I
Quote 0 0
Russell
no we are even less loved than the wedge if you can believe that. (i love wedgies you know that of course) for some reason i dont know who's owns a virage  but not AMOC followers that want to join into anything. a real shame

who the heck owns a virage that doesnt want to take it out more than the petrol station

maybe i just answered that........
Quote 0 0
milog
There are actually quite a few V-car owners on this forum  ;D
Quote 0 0
Russell
and we should encourage them all to come on our next trip to honfluer
now we need a date anyone got a preference
Quote 0 0
astro
Has it actually been decided that the tour will go to Honfleur?
Quote 0 0
Russell
i think it might be a good idea as we have done the UK and have done Holland and keith and i know honfluer very well.spain too far and so is the Czech republic we think although i would love to do that
think we have settled on honfluer but still open
Quote 0 0
astro
OK Russell, thanks for that. I also know Honfleur rather well and I think it would be a good choice. Just needs the date sorted out now but, as I said in an earlier posting, avoid the first week in June 'cos it's the 70th anniversary of the D-Day landings and most hotels in the region are already fully booked.
I would seriously consider bringing my 6.3 Virage wide body, but as you may know, my wife died 14 weeks ago, and all the hotels I have looked at recently charge only about 10% less than the full rate for anyone wanting single occupancy. Perhaps I'm a mean old bugger but it's a bit of a rip off which I can't do anything about.
Quote 0 0
David Lewington
astro wrote:

I have looked at recently charge only about 10% less than the full rate for anyone wanting single occupancy. Perhaps I'm a mean old bugger but it's a bit of a rip off which I can't do anything about.

Well if Petra and I are able to come you can share a room with Filip. I'm sure you don't need a full night's sleep  ;D
Quote 0 0
astro
David Lewington wrote:
ell if Petra and I are able to come you can share a room with Filip. I'm sure you don't need a full night's sleep

Do I also have to change diapers
Quote 0 0
David Lewington
That would be a small price to pay surely.
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
How about beginning/early May?
Quote 0 0
Russell
OK i CAN do dates weekends of May........
cut and paste please

Russell 3 10 17 24
Quote 0 0
David Lewington
Early or Mid May should be great for us as we'll all be in the UK in May.
Quote 0 0
holllandn
cut and paste please

Russell 3 10 17 24
Nick 3 10 24 31
Quote 0 0
nlv8
cut and paste please

Russell 3 10 17 24
Nick 3 10 24 31
Johan 3 10 24 17 31
Quote 0 0
Russell
cut and paste please

Russell 3 10 17 24 31
Nick 3 10 24 31
Johan 3 10 24 17 31
Quote 0 0
astro
Great sea food and cider in the area and Deauville is a good place for restaurants as I seem to recall.
Anyone have ideas regarding where else to visit?
Quote 0 0