geewizzpip Show full post »
geewizzpip
[rolleyes]
Quote 0 0
Doctor Houx
Geewizzpip,

I don't know you or know if you volunteer in any way in the club, but if you don't, rather than rolling your eyes, why don't you offer to assist the concours team at the next event and show them how it can be done better if you are unhappy?

Just prior to the AGM this year, there was significant criticism of the Concours and Social committee on this Forum and perhaps some of it was justifed.  However, some of the language used was not what one would expect of members of AMOC and as a result, many on the committee resigned.

What do you think happened next?  Well, at the Spring Concours there were complaints about long queues for the free champagne etc. due to lack of AMOC helpers.  Doh!  Be careful what you wish for when criticising unpaid volunteers.

BTW, I am not on the COM and not an area rep or hold any form of office in AMOC. I have too much of politics in my professional world as a lawyer.  I just enjoy AMOC events and take my hat off to any unpaid volunteers in the club.  I'm trying to do my bit by marshalling at the Snetterton race meeting on 1st Sept.   
"Racing is life; everything that happens before or after is just waiting."
Steve McQueen.

Frank H. Area 14 (Norfolk) and Le Mans, France.
Quote 2 0
Rich5ltr
asington wrote:
... Burghley House instantly comes to mind...
Nice venue except that it's 100 miles from London and the brief is 60... [wink]

Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
philmw
Doctor Houx wrote:
Geewizzpip,

I don't know you or know if you volunteer in any way in the club, but if you don't, rather than rolling your eyes, why don't you offer to assist the concours team at the next event and show them how it can be done better if you are unhappy?

Just prior to the AGM this year, there was significant criticism of the Concours and Social committee on this Forum and perhaps some of it was justifed.  However, some of the language used was not what one would expect of members of AMOC and as a result, many on the committee resigned.

What do you think happened next?  Well, at the Spring Concours there were complaints about long queues for the free champagne etc. due to lack of AMOC helpers.  Doh!  Be careful what you wish for when criticising unpaid volunteers.

BTW, I am not on the COM and not an area rep or hold any form of office in AMOC. I have too much of politics in my professional world as a lawyer.  I just enjoy AMOC events and take my hat off to any unpaid volunteers in the club.  I'm trying to do my bit by marshalling at the Snetterton race meeting on 1st Sept.   

I would sack your paralegal team if they briefed you on this.
Quote 1 0
geewizzpip
Doctor Houx, why not join us on the concours judging team.  As a judge for 10 years and lead judge in the new system I'm sure we could educate you on how to volunteer.

By the way, what's the difference between a lawyer and a Haddock?

One's wet and slimey and the other is a fish!
Quote 0 0
duncan_wd
wow geewizzpip you certainly know how to make friends and influence people!
Lifes not a trial run. Do it don't wish it!

Area 9 North West England
Quote 0 0
Fallonator
A change of tone!
Who is entering their Virage in the display. [smile][smile][smile]
LE 7.0 Lynx Turbo
Quote 0 0
Doctor Houx
Appreciate those comments Duncan and Fallonator, but Geewizzpip is deserving of a response and apology from me as he does volunteer and due to his involvement in the Concours, must be better informed than me.

As I said, I don't know you Geewizzpip and it is often the case that critics are not willing to step up to the plate to seek to improve the situation, but that's clearly not the case with you. I would be delighted to take up your invite to be a Concours judge, but until my car wins its class at an AMOC Concours, I would not feel qualified or deserving of such an honour. I hope 2019 may be the year I do that!

Thanks for the compliment on my profession. It's just such slings and arrows aimed by our clients at their opponents and vice versa, and their desire to have their day of glory in court that leads to our profession being so buoyant and lucrative. I'm crying all the way to the bank!
"Racing is life; everything that happens before or after is just waiting."
Steve McQueen.

Frank H. Area 14 (Norfolk) and Le Mans, France.
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
Doctor Houx wrote:
Thanks for the compliment on my profession. It's just such slings and arrows aimed by our clients at their opponents and vice versa, and their desire to have their day of glory in court that leads to our profession being so buoyant and lucrative. I'm crying all the way to the bank!

"Grin and bank it!"

Seriously, judges are always happy to give advice to participants and potential participants.

Fallonator:  As you can guess mine won't be at this Autumn concours, but it will be there in the Spring, if they announce the date in time (not competing you understand as it has already won the Elite Class).  Or I might bring the Mustang, just to be awkward!

[cool]
Quote 0 0
Fallonator
I 'got' that you won't be there, big shame. I opted for the display in preference to the concours (POO obviously) this time. Hope to see you and your car in the spring, cheers
LE 7.0 Lynx Turbo
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
So less than a handful of Virages turned up at the 'Special Display'.  How embarrassing!!

I said it was a too late announcement and poorly organised.  Seems I was right.

Maybe it could be re-roganised properly for next year (again as I suggested).

Such a shame as the model was the start of the 90's muscle line.

Cock up.

Quote 0 0
MPD
7Y7x1W6TRmyPRZeTKlTs9w.jpg z7y+tyL%SM20znhjdicvNQ.jpg   
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
Really nice cars, but was that it?

What a cock up.
Quote 0 0
Fallonator
Shame you weren't there and, yes, that was it.  The number of cars in the concours was , I think, also low (I heard 29 entries) location and forecast bad weather were being blamed for low turnout. However, I was surprised and pleased by the level of interest shown in the Virage display and chuffed with the weather. For me at least, a great day out.
LE 7.0 Lynx Turbo
Quote 3 0
Flashcat
I’m sure the weather was a contributing factor, pictures look good as does the sunny day.

Flash
Quote 0 0
milog
geewizzpip wrote:
So less than a handful of Virages turned up at the 'Special Display'.  How embarrassing!!

I said it was a too late announcement and poorly organised.  Seems I was right.

Maybe it could be re-roganised properly for next year (again as I suggested).

Such a shame as the model was the start of the 90's muscle line.

Cock up.

Good plan, I would be up for that. 
Quote 0 0