horatio
There is some mention of the anniversary celebrations in the latest AM News, and an implication that some AMOC members are organising to attend; including a mention of rooms reserved at a Malvern hotel.

However Audrey Carter had no information as to who is the club link to this event, or as to who to contact re- what Aston get-togethers may be organised while there.

Assuming that many or most pre-war owners are VSCC members, does anyone seeing this have any idea who is our contact?

I am attending, and have already arranged accommodation, but would like to liaise with any Aston members who are attending.

(I am not sure where this should have been posted, however this seemed to be the right interest area;  if wrong, apologies herewith).
Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
I don't have the AMN to hand, but I would assume the person to contact would be Christopher Scott-Mackirdy. Do you receive the Vintage and Venerable Newsletter? If not, do ask Christopher to put you on the mailing list.
Quote 0 0
monster
Hi Tim and John ,
yes it is Christopher.
Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
I have just had something drop through the letterbox with all the details, let me know if you need a scan.
Quote 0 0
horatio
LSS wrote:

I have just had something drop through the letterbox with all the details, let me know if you need a scan.
Nothing arrived here so far with any detail.  perhaps it will be available at the pre-war lunch.
Quote 0 0
williamsderbys
I am going for the full week having arranged accommodation last year !
Would like the idea of meeting up at a pub one evening and also having a spot on the show ground where we could meet (think this is mentioned in C Sc Mc' newsletter.)
Praying for good weather... John Williams.
Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
John, we can keep an eye on the newsletter, otherwise I am sure we can arrange something between ourselves here.
Quote 0 0
horatio
I have still no more info on any Aston get-together at the VSCC Malvern celebrations.

We are leaving on Wednesday in the Inter-mongrel, and will be at the pre-war lunch on Sunday, hopefully there will be some information there.

p.s. spring is here, the sun is shining, the birds are singing - now is the time to get these cars on the road; we have done >400 miles in the last week or so, come and join in.  (come to think of it. about 150 of these were in pouring rain - memo to self - revise opening of this sentence before posting.)
Quote 0 0
horatio
Further to my last post, the Pre-war lunch and assembled cars was (were?) splendid, as was the weather superb, we travelled back to Cheshire the next day - and it was rain all the way.

Re the VSCC Anniversay, eventually saw details of Aston Club meeting for dinner at Malvern Hills Hotel on the Tuesday; we will be there and looking forward to seeing those attending.

VSCC invites sent to clubs for Showground displays on the Saturday, I've heard nothing of that Astonwise, although I have not followed it up as we will have to leave on Friday for a family get-together.

Will we see any Club members competing at Prescot?
Quote 0 0
TVJL
So sorry to have missed you at Prescott, John. As discussed, next rendezvous feasible is the Goodwood Revival meeting. Perhaps we should have little AMOC get together on site?

Best,

Tim
Quote 0 0
horatio
A very good idea.  I don't know how many Aston owners attend, I would guess quite a few - how many of those are AMOC members I would guess are in a minority.

Could perhaps be a recruitment opportunity for the club.
Quote 0 0