horatio
Did I hear it said that as it is the AMOC's 75th Anniversary the VSCC had offered a pride of place siting for Astons at their Prescot event this year. Obviously this would only be open to pre-war cars, but I don't think I have seen this advertised anywhere.

Anyone know?
Quote 0 0
annereed
Not heard it mentioned but I'll find out.

Anne
Quote 0 0
horatio
I suppose Christopher Scott-Mac. would know.
Quote 0 0
horatio
The offer of a specific show area set aside for pre-war Astons at this event having been lost, a mass drive in from a rendezvous close by, to enable a block parking area in the Orchard, is being organised for Sunday morning (8th August).

If any of you who are staying in the vicinity on the Saturday night fancy a meal/ pint/ natter I am trying to find a convenient venue, and will give details when settled.  Any (pertinent) suggestions very welcome.
Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
I might be there on the Saturday Horatio. I'll PM you my mobile.
Quote 0 0
John Purser
horatio wrote:

Did I hear it said that as it is the AMOC's 75th Anniversary the VSCC had offered a pride of place siting for Astons at their Prescot event this year. Obviously this would only be open to pre-war cars, but I don't think I have seen this advertised anywhere.

Anyone know?
I'm not sure if you did hear or (pun intended) did here, Horatio.
It's sad, because it is a nice gesture but one that I am completely ignorant of. As is Anne, and we both try and keep our ears close to the ground.
And at 3 days notice, very difficult to do much about it.
Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
Nice shot from the VSCC website:

I'll post some when I get a chance. There were quite a few Astons including a wonderfully original MKII Saloon.
Quote 0 0
horatio
After my agitating regarding this event, and particularly bearing in mind the close proximity of our overnight accommodation, it was embarrassing indeed to miss the rendezvous due to lateness. 

Nevertheless the row of pre-war Astons in the Orchard car park was an impressive sight, - even if we were three rows further back.
Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
Finally got around to this:

Great to see this saloon is still unmolested and in one piece. It also has an interesting Connaught twin-cam motor.

Jim Youngs' comps. 2 seater Le Mans. Still one of my very favourite Astons..

Brian Smart trying hard in pouring rain.

Very nice long chassis 2 litre. Rarer than Ulsters??

Riley-powered International Special.

Quote 0 0