CQ DBSV8
If anyone has a spare ticket for this event then please let me know.  I left it too late to book and all tickets are now sold.

I'm on the waiting list but Anne didn't think it was likely there would be any fall out.  However, she said there would be no problem with me asking around.

So if anyone has booked and can't make it please let me know.

Otherwise I hope you guys enjoy the evening.

Chris
Chris Quested
1972 AM V8 and late seventies V8 Vantage
Quote 0 0
CQ DBSV8
I have now managed to get my grubby hands on a ticket for this event.

See you there!
Chris Quested
1972 AM V8 and late seventies V8 Vantage
Quote 0 0
TVJL
Great stuff, Chris. Your persistence paid off. For what it is worth, I am still fielding calls from other hopefuls, so you can count your lucky chickens on this one. ;D
Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
Just wanted to thank the AMHT and everyone involved for putting on such a great show. A privilege to be a part of it all.

On a side note, I would observe:

If I was a traffic warden, I suspect I too would not be able to resist being the only one in the division to have put a ticket on James Bond's car 

The goodie bags were a delightful surprise, but I have only just found it also contains a small lapel badge. I am sure I won't be the only one to not have noticed this..
Quote 0 0
TVJL
Yes, it was a super evening, made all the more pleasant by the great company around the Area 00 table and beyond! The revelry continued long after the end of the official evening - I think I recall leaving the RAC at circa 2.30 am.

I was one of the first to arrive at the RAC (because I had arranged to meet a mate down the road at the Reform for a pre-lecture drink). Consequently, I witnessed the traffic warden debacle. It had obviously been arranged to 'cone off' a spot outside the RAC to park the DBS for display purposes. The AML guys had brought the car down on a special trailer pulled by a Range Rover, with another RR following on behind with 'kit'. When they got there, it was not possible to fit (obviously) the towing car, trailer, DBS and following car in the reserved spot (the traffic warden having arrived just as the DBS had been off-loaded). The lead AML guy, with whom I was having a nice chat, tried to explain to the warden that all would be OK in a few moments and that the parking offence was being committed 'of necessity' in order to unload. The warden was having none of it. He ticketed all three vehicles (even the towing RR because only the trailer occupied the reserved spot).
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Only in England! Glad the rest of the evening was a success.
Quote 0 0