tim_c
The Walter Hayes Lecture, a friendly warning

I’m not posting here to promote the event as such (Thursday 28th January 2020, RAC Pall Mall) - but a friend and club member has pointed out that the cost of tickets will shoot up on the 1st November.

If you really want to go (and why wouldn’t you, it’s always a good gig), ring Sharon or John at AMHT before they go home on Thursday evening. I believe the speaker is some chap married to a Spice Girl - but what that means I’m not sure. It’ll be a great night whatever.

See you there
Registrar of Cars, AMHT
Quote 0 0
rcfurse
Is the price shooting up because AMHT are actually going to video it for overseas members or is it to fix the website?
Quote 0 0
MunkFishMonger
What is the format for the lecture? Does the ticket include dinner, drinks etc? I can't find any information online (very unhelpful...)
Aston Martin DBS 2012 - Onyx Black
Quote 0 0
Ockyclarke
Held at the RAC Club in Pall Mall. It includes a three course dinner and champagne on arrival.
Paul
Quote 1 0
tim_c
The website issue is getting embarrassing I must admit.

Yes, there is food and all that. 

Drinks from 6.30 ish, Food and then lecture. It’s always been a great event with lots of atmosphere 
Registrar of Cars, AMHT
Quote 1 0
MunkFishMonger
Great - thanks both - sounds like an interesting event!
Aston Martin DBS 2012 - Onyx Black
Quote 0 0
John Purser
rcfurse wrote:
Is the price shooting up because AMHT are actually going to video it for overseas members or is it to fix the website?

Just for clarification, the cost of the video recording and editing at the last event was paid for by a sponsor, arranged by me.
The viewings of the video published were fairly low (all this is discussed elsewhere)
The main contact at the sponsor has changed employer.
Although I have spoken to his replacement, I do not know if they will be spending money this way, at the 2020 lecture.
Quote 0 0
Vanquish Rider
Why did they not just YouTube the video last time? 
SteveE

Life Begins Outside Your Comfort Zone
Quote 1 0
jdp298
If the takeup of the video was poor, then perhaps less drive to add production values to it? Most webinars aren't that well curated, it's just a recorded stream from the event, often from a single camera angle, and sometimes even simpler as the speaker's slides are the video.

I saw one a couple of years ago when Andy Palmer spoke at Cranfield University and they broadcast it. Very simple, minimal cost.
Quote 0 0
lrgridley
Speaking for myself I'm not sure many overseas members were/are aware that recordings exist much less how to access them. Perhaps a sticky link could be placed somewhere on the forum? Apologies if that's been done and I'm too limited to find it!
Quote 0 0
Thibaut
Just record the sound on an iphone and stick it as a podcast on the amoc facebook. Cost : zero !

viewing was low because the amht website is crap and no one knows about it. Posting on youtube would have been a lit more effective
Quote 0 0