bradlawr
As my V8 Vantage seems likely to be built this spring, my wife, son and I are scheduled to cross the Atlantic and take the factory tour at Gaydon in mid-March.  We are then planning a week in London. 
I freely, but sadly,  admit that among the consequences of my misspent life is the fact that I have never visited London.  If I may impose on this august body for your suggestions, I would appreciate any advice- particularly as it pertains to accommodations.  I have been offered recommendations regarding the Milestone, Le Meridian Piccadilly and from my oh-so-hip friends, The Hempel.  I have valued the sage analysis of all things Aston Martin (and some not) from the denizens of this forum- your input on this is most appreciated.
Brad
Quote 0 0
WolfVaB
Scan through the thread "CJ's trip this summer" under Events, but look at the bottom for rhward's post in particular for a bit of a head start.
Quote 0 0
michaeladler
le Meridian in Picadilly is outstanding. It is a grea location as you can walk yo the theater district, the great shopping in Regent Street and the half price ticket booth in Leicester Square. You can also walk to Covent Garden, a must visiit, in about 15 minutes. Also the shopping in Bond Street is 5 minutes away. Go for it!
Quote 0 0
SCBPX
The Stafford Hotel in St James' or the Connaught are home in town and smaller than the grand dame hotels
Steve

Forgot to add Hazlitts in Soho - about as central as you want to be. but no bar or restraunt as such , breakfast served in the rooms.
Quote 0 0
stanwan
Nice of you to pop over! I would suggest the Sanderson as a fairly hip venue if you wish to stay in the busier bars and clubs in town. The Ice bar is still open, and you may wish to calm your nerves in there after a day of shopping.

If you wish to indulge yourself, try the Lanesborough, but keep a close eye on the bill...
Quote 0 0
bradlawr
Many thanks.  Any further advice/suggestions/warnings are most appreciated.  It is a pleasure and privilege to be part of this community- even the late, barely lamented blue SL.
Brad
Quote 0 0
blue996TT
It's actually Le MeridiEn... and PicCadilly... I have a home in London so rarely stay in hotels there but I agree it's a fine hotel and ideally placed for London's many attractions, though the concept of queuing for half-price theatre tickets in Leicester Square to save money while staying there is quite amusing.

Other things to do are to harangue Will's AM dealer in Park Lane, ride the London Eye for views of London New Yorkers take for granted and when you tire of the crowds and/or prices in Bond Street, walk across the Thames on the (previously wobbly) millennium pedestrian bridge from St Pauls to Tate Modern, a fine art museum.

If you're looking for somewhere to eat, relatively newly opened is Maze in Grosvenor Square, just round the corner from the US embassy (recognisable by the Stars and Stripes, road blocks and armed police). And yes, if you or the kid get desperate, there are more McDonalds than you can shake a stick at.

Main recommendation though is that if you want to avoid my friend blueSL, don't go to Hampstead!
Quote 0 0
SCBPX
Wow ! hats off to you Blue99TT

an Aston and a pied-a-terre in london, surely every proper chaps dream:
( please tell me its Mayfair ) tick that box & well done.. grrrr

Steve
Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
Mid-march should mean you can join us for the area 00 meeting at Holborn. We shall keep a chair for you.
Quote 0 0
sentax
Can anyone just go to the factory for a tour?  or do you have to make an appointment / have an order for an AM vehicle?
Quote 0 0
AstonZagato
Nope.  You have to have a car on order or join AMOC and go on an organised trip.
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
You can't just turn up or make your own appointments even if you have a car on order. To visit the factory you need to ask your dealer to sort it for you and even then I think your car must be in build. Martin
Quote 0 0
wrn
I have a great mental vision of productivity at the factory if anyone could just tip up and have a wander around...
Quote 0 0
bradlawr
I went through my dealer who contacted the factory.  The factory rep then reached out to me to confirm the details.  All handled with great aplomb. 
wrn does conjur a wonderful image- they're having enough issues without stalkers at Gaydon.
Once again, thanks for all the suggestions-  and I rarely eat at the Golden Arches but I appreciate the thought.
Brad
Quote 0 0