waynejaffe
Sorry Carolyn, date no good for me. Do email me if you cant get through to area 9 rep, and I will contact him. :'(
Quote 0 0
CAROLYN
Hi

This may seem a strange request but please bear with me!  I am getting married in Manchester in July 2007 and my fiance is a massive James Bond and ultimately Aston Martin fan.  He has always said that he wants to arrive at the wedding venue in an Aston Martin.

As my wedding present to him I have been desperately trying to organise this but I'm having no luck at all.  I have trawled through car magazines and wedding magazines but the closest I can get is to hire an Aston Martin for a weekend which will cost over £1500!  The journey is less than 2 miles and we will need the vehicle for an hour at the very most!  Even just arriving as a passenger would be fantastic - he doesn't actually have to be driving the vehicle.

Obviously, I can't justify spending so much money when we are setting up our new life together and don't really know where else to turn.  I'm hoping that someone will read this message and be able to give me some advice or suggestions...

I very much look forward to hearing from anyone who can help me.

Kindest regards
Carolyn
Quote 0 0
AstonZagato
Sorry, I bit too far from where I live.

Any idea what sort of Aston he would prefer?  A DB5 (Goldfinger), a DBS (On her Majesty's Secret Service), V8 Vantage (Living Daylights) or Vanquish (Die Another Day).
Quote 0 0
CAROLYN

Thanks for getting back to me.  I think it is the Vanquish or the DB9 which he is interested in but to be honest it has been such a nightmare trying to sort any out I am sure he would be pleased with any model.  Do you have any advice?
Quote 0 0
AstonZagato
Write to the local club rep.  He might know someone who lives close by. 

Also, the hire companies all jack up prices if one even breathes the word wedding...  Perhaps at the last minute, (when the car is going to be sitting in a garage over the weekend rather than earning them money) they might bargain on price...

As I said on another thread, we owners are not normally looking for money to show off our cars but we are quite streched as to time so finding a couple of hours (especially when one could be with one's family) is very tough.  If you can think of something that helps out there, you may be onto a winner.
Quote 0 0
waynejaffe
You are in my neck of the woods, date is critical though.When is the wedding?
Quote 0 0
CAROLYN
waynejaffe wrote:

You are in my neck of the woods, date is critical though.When is the wedding?

Hi waynejaffe!  That's great news, thanks for letting me know. 

What model is it that you have?

The wedding date is Saturday 07.07.07 in Manchester city centre at 12pm.  We would literally only need the vehicle from about 11am to 1pm at the very most.

If you are available please let me know your requirements - we would obviously provide refreshments, fuel costs and any other remuneration required... 

Quote 0 0
CAROLYN
AstonZagato wrote:

Write to the local club rep.  He might know someone who lives close by. 

Also, the hire companies all jack up prices if one even breathes the word wedding...  Perhaps at the last minute, (when the car is going to be sitting in a garage over the weekend rather than earning them money) they might bargain on price...

As I said on another thread, we owners are not normally looking for money to show off our cars but we are quite streched as to time so finding a couple of hours (especially when one could be with one's family) is very tough.  If you can think of something that helps out there, you may be onto a winner.

Hi again,

Thanks for this information, it's very much appreciated.  As you can see I have received another reply from a member in my area which is fantastic so hopefully he may be available on my wedding date. 

I know what you mean about the hire companies though - it's ridiculous! Good idea for me to get in touch with local club rep if I'm still struggling - how do I do this?

Thanks once again
Quote 0 0
Lordsoandso
I think it's Area 9. Try this: http://www.amoc.org/index.php?option=com_contact&task=view&contact_id=57&Itemid=98
Quote 0 0
CAROLYN
waynejaffe wrote:

Sorry Carolyn, date no good for me. Do email me if you cant get through to area 9 rep, and I will contact him. :'(

Ok, thanks anyway!  I'll let you know how I get on...
Quote 0 0