John B
It seems that the Wilton Classic and Supercar weekend is back next year on the weekend of the 3rd and 4th June. Will there be an Aston Martin display as there was in previous years?
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Usually organised by the Area - so most likely to be going ahead.
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
John Purser wrote:

Usually organised by the Area - so most likely to be going ahead.

It used to be held on the Hudson Field just outside Salisbury and right next door to Janspeed and Berlun Fuels but it moved to Wilton house a while back due to serious flooding issues on the Hudson.

It had now't to do with Capt Sully or a plane either.

Regards,
Quote 0 0
Brital
Format this year appears to be quite different. They are making a formal request for a £50 donation to specified charity for each car to be exhibited. Looks as if they have developed further the improved facilities for drivers and guests that were in place in 2015.
Rattus Norvegicus. Never very far away. Allegedly the world's most successful mammal. 
Quote 0 0
gareth
£50 to let members of the public, who apparently get in for nothing, ogle my car?
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
Brital wrote:

Format this year appears to be quite different. They are making a formal request for a £50 donation to specified charity for each car to be exhibited. Looks as if they have developed further the improved facilities for drivers and guests that were in place in 2015.

That will nose dive then. Cheek of it.

Regards,
Quote 0 0
ishort
gareth wrote:

£50 to let members of the public, who apparently get in for nothing, ogle my car?

Well said, it's a joke.
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
AM V8V wrote:

Well said, it's a joke.

I think though you get some gourmet food served up for your £50.

Its the same catering firm which supplied Windsor Castle event and some others this year so should be good scoff!!!!! LOL.

Regards,
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
If you remember according to posts on here, the food at Windsor was pretty poor.
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
ishort
I can't understand why visitors are getting in free, is this right ?
As with all these shows, the cars are the stars and therefore attract the people, more people more money, but in this case, less cars, less visitors, thus less money, simple.
Wilton, you need to have a serious rethink.
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Looking at the website, it's not quite like that. I think visitors pay the usual fee to get into the house and gardens, approx £10. The £50 is for "Prestige Parking" whatever that is. That said, I agree, organisers capitalise on owners' desire to show their cars, charging them for the privilege with little or nothing in return.

Quote 0 0
asington
Don't tell Lord Rowley about the catering - otherwise he certainly won't attend. He had an appalling experience at Windsor.
Quote 0 0
philmw
Rich5ltr wrote:

Looking at the website, it's not quite like that. I think visitors pay the usual fee to get into the house and gardens, approx £10. The £50 is for "Prestige Parking" whatever that is. That said, I agree, organisers capitalise on owners' desire to show their cars, charging them for the privilege with little or nothing in return.

The £50 that people are moaning about is to have your car in the parade:

Quote:
While there is no formal entry fee, those successful in their application will be expected to secure their entry by donation of a minimum of £50 to Wilton’s official charity fund. Wilton will more than match this sum in its reciprocal ticketing package.

Premium tickets are £50, and from the last sentence of the above it looks like you may get free entry (or indeed a car-full would).
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Yeah, well I could see that it wasn't simply a £50 charge - thanks for the clarification. 

Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
Rich5ltr wrote:

If you remember according to posts on here, the food at Windsor was pretty poor.

Exactly Rich.  LOL.

Its all a  big conn these days. Like the old " Salisbury " show it will just die off as folk will just NOT pay it. No cars, No show.

Who will pay £50 to stand in a field??? Only if your mad.

Regards,
Quote 0 0
ishort
philmw wrote:

The £50 that people are moaning about is to have your car in the parade:

Premium tickets are £50, and from the last sentence of the above it looks like you may get free entry (or indeed a car-full would).

I don't think people are moaning, they are just questioning, also you don't get something free if you have just paid £50.
Well said v12 Volante Man, No cars, No show.
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
AM V8V wrote:

I don't think people are moaning, they are just questioning, also you don't get something free if you have just paid £50.
Well said v12 Volante Man, No cars, No show.

Over the last 30 odd years I have been attending car shows ( mixed marques are the best ) and 95% of them all have been FREE TO EXIBIT by owners and the general public had to pay a small entry fee to look. Even the one's ive had to pay a few quid to attend are fine as its just a few quid ( less than £10 ) and at the end you get a little plaque to say you participated which was great and all of the venues have been great places too. No Arty farty rubbish to contend with and always decent food trailers on hand albeit I usually take my own to avoid any dissapointments or que's.

These OTT fees some charge these days are just a bloody rip off

Regards,
Quote 0 0
fergymax
If they throw in a full tank of fuel that would help  otherwise I am not in the team to pay £50 and have sticky fingers all over the car, plenty other venues to 'display' the car   
Quote 0 0
v12 volante man
fergymax wrote:

If they throw in a full tank of fuel that would help  otherwise I am not in the team to pay £50 and have sticky fingers all over the car, plenty other venues to 'display' the car   

Save your money Andrew. Its not all that there anyway.

Regards,
Quote 0 0
annereed
John B wrote:

It seems that the Wilton Classic and Supercar weekend is back next year on the weekend of the 3rd and 4th June. Will there be an Aston Martin display as there was in previous years?

I'll ask our Area Rep, as it is in my area. In 2015 they changed the booking arrangements so that instead of each Member paying Wilton their £10 direct and we were then allocated a space for the number of cars booked, they wanted us to pre-pay for pitches of 20 cars - so we didn't go as a Club.  They do have a new organiser this year and it looks like the prices have gone up all round. Last time the Premier Parking was in at the front of the public parking so they didn't have so far to walk. The Premium ticket gives you access to a sofa area looking out at the displays, where you can buy food instead of going to the burger vans and into the main house. 

Anne
Quote 0 0