geofro
This is a new event taking place this year on the 7-9 September to mark the Queen's Jubilee and it looks like a cracking event.

There is a Pebble Beach style invitation only concours event Fri / Sat and a tour on the Sunday.

For the tour they are looking for specific cars to represent each year if the Queen's reign.

These include a healthy sprinklings of Astons:

• 1953 Aston Martin DB2/4
    [*] 1958 Aston Martin DB4
    [*] 1960 Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato
    [*] 1963 Aston Martin DB5
    [*] 1965 Aston Martin DB6
    [*] 1967 Aston Martin DBS
    [*] 1976 Aston Martin Lagonda
    [*] 1986 Aston V8 Zagato
    [*] 1989 Aston Martin Virage
    [*] 1993 Aston Martin DB7
    [*] 2001 Aston Martin Vanquish
    [*] 2004 Aston Martin DB9
    [*] 2005 Aston Martin Vantage
    [*] 2009 Aston Martin Rapide
    [*] 2010 Aston Martin One-77

Sadly my DB6 is '68 so sadly not eligible.

It would be great to see AMOC owners getting these slots, then I can come along and join the picnic (large hint:-) so get in there!

For the full list and application details see: Classic and. Performance Car Windsor Tour of Elegance Needs You
Quote 0 0
MPD
The AMOC have been invited to be guests at the Concours of Elegance on the 8th September 2012 at Windsor Castle, in celebration of Her Majesty's Diamond Jubilee.

The Concours is designed to give the UK a major Concours d'Elegance to rival Pebble Beach. The event will be held in the inner courtyard inside the walls of Windsor Castle. In addition to the main Concours, the event also plans to include displays of rare horse-drawn carriages, classic Royal cars and a display of Aston Martins.

I have suggested 60 of our members cars, one representing each year of our Monarchs Reign, to be displayed in year order, on the Long Walk and this has been agreed by the organisers.

The 60 display cars will be afforded complimentary entry to the Windsor Concours of Elegance. Other AMOC members may attend, but as this is a charity event raising money for the Foundation of Prince William and Prince Harry, a contribution of £25 would be expected.

If you would like to attend this event, please contact either myself, Marc Aylott at HQ or John Glyde, as we are running this as a joint Concours/Social event.

Mark Donoghue
Chairman Concours Committee
Quote 0 0
duncan_wd
It will be worth coming just to see the 60 cars!
Lifes not a trial run. Do it don't wish it!

Area 9 North West England
Quote 0 0
MPD
We still have many slots available for this event. Marc Aylott has mentioned that some members are sending in their requests, but not giving much information.

May I ask you to include the following:

• Name
    [*] Membership Number
    [*] Model of Aston
    [*] Date of Manufacture

Many thanks and we look forward to hearing from you.
Quote 0 0
vlad
If you need any local manpower on the day, I can assist.
Quote 0 0
MPD
Thanks for your kind offer. I believe that the organisers at Windsor are taking care of the parking logistics, but will definitely keep you in mind.
Quote 0 0
annereed
Tickets for this event are now on sale: Concours of Elegance

Information on what Astons are currently known to be involved is shown here: Aston Martins at Windsor Concours d'Elegance

Anne
Quote 0 0
PPP_6H
My DBS will be one of the Astons displayed in the Long Walk. I will need to park its trailer somewhere safe at the event - do you know if any provision for trailer parking is being extended to the owners of the 60 Astons? Or should I contact the organisers of the concours to ask that question, and if so does anyone have a contact name and email address for them? Regards, Ed
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
So has the list of 60 been decided upon now, Ed?
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
I'm in the Concours parade from the Mall to Windsor.
Quote 0 0
tony-hall-40
PPP_6H wrote:

My DBS will be one of the Astons displayed in the Long Walk. I will need to park its trailer somewhere safe at the event - do you know if any provision for trailer parking is being extended to the owners of the 60 Astons? Or should I contact the organisers of the concours to ask that question, and if so does anyone have a contact name and email address for them? Regards, Ed

what happenned to driving to the event then?.....or do you mean trailer as in somewhere to sleep?....in which case i'm sure the local gypsy community of which there are lots of in and around Windsor will be able to put you up....

lol
Ooooppps...I did it again....
Quote 0 0
AstonZagato
On trailers, it's not an AMOC event, Tony, so AMOC rules don't apply.
Quote 0 0
annereed
There are 3 sets of 60 cars, which is a bit confusing.

[O]The official Windsor Concours - cars already decided and shown on the official website

[O]Octane have a parade of 60 cars travelling from The Mall to Windsor

[O]the AMOC display. Allowing for people not on the Forum to have an opportunity to apply, this was put in the AM News. It is intended to have the list of our cars by the end of June.

Anne
Quote 0 0
tony-hall-40
AstonZagato wrote:

On trailers, it's not an AMOC event, Tony, so AMOC rules don't apply.

so cheating legitimately....or is it?...sounds all to political to me....think i'll stick to Hever...alot less brain storming...
Ooooppps...I did it again....
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
annereed wrote:

There are 3 sets of 60 cars, which is a bit confusing.

[O]The official Windsor Concours - cars already decided and shown on the official website

[O]Octane have a parade of 60 cars travelling from The Mall to Windsor

[O]the AMOC display. Allowing for people not on the Forum to have an opportunity to apply, this was put in the AM News. It is intended to have the list of our cars by the end of June.

Anne

Ah ha, thank you for the clarification Anne, clear and concise. Exactly what we all needed

Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
I'd be pretty miffed if I had to take my Aston taken to Windsor on a trailer -  it'd mean it wasn't working properly - imagine the shame   

Quote 0 0
MPD
PPP_6H wrote:

PPP 6H - as you can imagine, the response to be involved in the line-up has been significant, having received over 10 cars for one particular year! We have a panel of officials, who will meet at the end of June, to decide which Astons are appropriate to take the particular year slot.

It is important that we have a good representation of the marque and we will write those who have been successful in July. There are provisions for trailers, and will advise as soon as we are made aware of the final details. Hope that helps.
Quote 0 0
John Purser
tony-hall-40 wrote:
so cheating legitimately....or is it?......

Not really. Tony, lots of "Concours" don't mind if cars are trailered.
AMOC always have disallowed it (unless it is a racer, never designed to be 'street legal'.)
Remember, Windsor is not "our" Club event, we're guests.
There are some Astons in the Double Twelve Concours at Brooklands this weekend - cars are usually driven there, but don't have to be.
Quote 0 0
MPD
The response to this has been unprecedented in many year slots, but we do have vacancies in the following years:

1952, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1967, 1968, 1972, 1975, 1976, 1980, 1982, 1983, 1986, 1991, 1992, 1993 and 1994.

If you have an Aston Martin that was manufactured in one of these years and would like to be included in the display, please contact either Marc Aylott at HQ, or myself, with details of your car and your membership number.

We will extend the closing date for this for another 2 weeks, so that we can hopefully fill vacant year spots.
Quote 0 0
Fay
Mark- do you need this list emailed out to local members? many do not go on the forums
Fay area 5
Quote 0 0
MPD
Fay, yes please!
Quote 0 0
SilverspeedDb9
Any news yet on the cars that have been selected ?
Quote 0 0
mafreeman
SilverspeedDb9 wrote:

Any news yet on the cars that have been selected ?

i second that request
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
I third it

Quote 0 0
SilverspeedDb9
We should be selected based on our keen interest to take part.......
Quote 0 0