alecmartin
I can't find a date for the hill climb, is it not on this year?
Quote 0 0
Webby
Sadly not.
Quote 0 0
teamkenny
I'm sure if you talk to Torbay Motor Club they would have some entries available, Saturday 20th May is the date.
Quote 0 0
annereed
I gather that the marshalls were already booked to go elsewhere and the St John's Ambulance are at the big county show.  Tried getting a date at the Gurston Hillclimb near Salisbury instead but no luck.

Anne
Quote 0 0
lml698
Anne's reasons are correct but  I fear that Speed events are not as high up on the AMOC's priority list as other things.  So if you think that 4 Speed events is not enough let the COM know.  They should react to members wishes. Perhaps the AMOC should be running far more of these events ???  If you want more  - ask.
Quote 0 0
alecmartin
i know that wiscombe has lost a lot of support over the last few years,its a shame as it used to be one of the best events of the year.I remember well victor gauntlet in the factory demonstrator vantage gracing the event,it was well supported by the factory.We would stay locally and have a fantastic weekend.I fear that now there has been a break this will be the end.Don,t get me wrong i never did the hill,just enjoyed the beautiful surrounds and soaked up the cars...heady days..
Quote 0 0
David Lewington
I always enjoyed this event, we always made a weekend of it staying in a local hotel with other Area 10 members. It is a shame that it is not being organised this year but if there is no support for it then I guess it was bound to happen.

I agree with lml698 - if you wany more of these events you need to let the COM know...
Quote 0 0
annereed
I've just received details from the Woolbridge Club who are at Wiscombe on 6-7th May and 29-30th July.  I've got details of what car clubs are there if anyone interested - no aston classes though.

Mark Campbell has been doing some work on the competition committee to get more hillclimb and sprint events.  We've got:
1.1.         Curborough (AMOC)                 Sunday      28th  May
1.2.         Goodwood (AMOC)                       Saturday    22nd  July
1.3.         Loton Park (AMOC)                   Saturday    30 th  July
1.4.         Forestburn (MMC)                   Saturday      3 rd  September
1.5.         Curborough (AMOC)                 Sunday      17 th  September
1.6.         Longleat (WMC)                           Sunday      23 rd  September

Mark has got agreement that we can have a class of 15 at longleat which is better than the 6-8 that we have had for the last few years.

But I do agree that sprints do not have a high priority even though we have been pushing for them at the Competition meeting each November.

Anne
Quote 0 0