Wedgie Show full post »
michaelniwot
That is really not the point. The comments relate to the fact that General Admission to Woburn was way less and those that paid it were able to enjoy everything that AMOC members paying the higher fee were. Alongside that is the fact that Woburn itself came up very short on the catering front for such a high entry cost.

Of course the concours itself was excellent and thanks to all concerned.
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
A few more pictures with apologies for the quality

Roger I
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Wedgie wrote:

A few more pictures with apologies for the quality

Battery flat? 
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
Wedgie
I thought it was just slipping on the grass.
Roger I
Quote 0 0
Downr
Wedgie wrote:

Bedtime.

Lagonda's on a breakdown lorry - that must bring back lots of memories for the Wedge owners out there

(just kidding, i'll get my coat!)
Quote 0 0
Rich5ltr
Wedgie wrote:

I thought it was just slipping on the grass.
Sorry I've added a - didn't think one was necessary
Still burning hydrocarbons just for fun! 

Quote 0 0
Lord Rowley
We missed this.
Pray tell, what was the problem with the one-77 ? 😳
Quote 0 0
Lord Rowley
Wedgie,
I didn't notice where the sun set at Woburn so were the pix with few people taken v/early or v/late ?

The one you took of WGG7 in front of the house is the one my better half thought I should have taken if ours ! Well done Sir.
Quote 0 0
michaelniwot
With reference to my original post, it would have felt better value had entrance to the house been included, rather than an extra, and the catering arrangements been up to the task. Having to queue half an hour for a cup of coffee should not have happened. From what I understand, the Woburn representatives were less than easy to deal with.

Again, the actual display of cars, especially those in the dedicated car park was excellent.
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
Lord Rowley wrote:

Wedgie,
I didn't notice where the sun set at Woburn so were the pix with few people taken v/early or v/late ?

The one you took of WGG7 in front of the house is the one my better half thought I should have taken if ours ! Well done Sir.

LR. My last batch of pictures were taken on a mobile. Those without the people (last were taken on the Saturday evening just before dinner in the Sculpture Gallery about 7pm. I particularly like the yellow car. Wish it were mine. 
Roger I
Quote 0 0
Lord Rowley
On a mobile ?
Strewth Sir - I'm impressed . Was it an Iphone ?

Yes - for a "certain demographic", that yellow is very nostalgic. Dare I say it reminded me of Primrose Yellow on those old E-Types. Many more of those about in the day. 

We missed the photo opp. pre-dinner. Too much excitement !

Did get some lovely non-car snaps on the terrace with the sun setting behind some bushes - great shadows & golden brown, green Hugh's 
Quote 0 0
DB PHiL
Lovely photos Wedgie, I've put some pictures in the Gallery
...will be adding some more later
Quote 0 0
DB PHiL
Attended by Royalty

Prince Charles is looking well ;D
Quote 0 0
Lord Rowley
No, no, no.
That's Lord Mark of Aston.
Quote 0 0
Downr
'tis a thing of beauty (the car, not Mark!)
Quote 0 0
tim_c
And now for the real thing
Registrar of Cars, AMHT
Quote 0 0
MPD
RobDown wrote:

'tis a thing of beauty (the car, not Mark!)

...tend to agree!
Quote 0 0
DB7Solent
Thanks Woburn
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
tim_c wrote:

And now for the real thing

Yes. I had this as a child. My favourite!
Roger I
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
Fab shots from Mark D.

Roger I
Quote 0 0
DB PHiL
Ah, I wondered when we were gonna see those pics.........thanks for posting Roger, are there others?
Quote 0 0
Wedgie
I only have these 2.
Roger I
Quote 0 0