tony-hall-40
today had the pleasure of taking my car to Woking , to aid the Woking Hospice Charity.......
pics will follow when up loaded.....
however while there i came across a Vantage in red dated 1973....but the engine was not a v8 but looked like the engine from a db6/5.....were these cars supplied with that engine?.....just wondered because the guy wants 27k for it...seemed alot to me , but what do i know...i only have modern..!!!
Ooooppps...I did it again....
Quote 0 0
tony-hall-40
a few pictures.....comments on red vantage????

Ooooppps...I did it again....
Quote 0 0
AstonZagato
It is the AM Vantage. Essentially a DBS with the I6 Vantage engine that was fitted to the Db5/6. 
Quote 0 0
stevobland
Only produced 70. Nice car. Rare
Quote 0 0
astro
AM Vantage, a nce car with a bit more grunt than than the standard DBS. It ad different cams, Weber carbs manual clutch / transmission and, I think, a higher compression ratio.
Although photos's can be deceptive, if it is in good shape I think £28k is a very reasonable starting point. 
Quote 0 0
AstonZagato
http://www.astonmartins.com/db4_5_6_s/am_vantage.htm
Quote 0 0
Andre Koneczny
Nice to see a car show where so many different eras are represented.  Old cars, right next to modern classics!!

Also to see some classic American cars like Corvettes in the UK.

Looks like a great event - thank you for sharing the event with the rest of us...!
Quote 0 0
stevobland
tony-hall-40 wrote:

today had the pleasure of taking my car to Woking , to aid the Woking Hospice Charity.......
pics will follow when up loaded.....
however while there i came across a Vantage in red dated 1973....but the engine was not a v8 but looked like the engine from a db6/5.....were these cars supplied with that engine?.....just wondered because the guy wants 27k for it...seemed alot to me , but what do i know...i only have modern..!!!
Tech question for your Tony. Every time I try to upload pics, the server says they are too big! I've gone down to 5 meg but still no joy?! Any suggestions? You can PM me if you wish. Steve
Quote 0 0
AstonZagato
Upload them to a free hosting service, such as photobucket or flickr, and link the pictures.  No resizing required.  Photobucket even helpfully puts the IMG code that you need to put in a post under the photo.
Quote 0 0
TVJL
AstonZagato wrote:

It is the AM Vantage. Essentially a DBS with the I6 Vantage engine that was fitted to the Db5/6. 
The AM Vantage was the last model to be fitted with the straight 6 designed by Tadek Marek, produced after Company Developments took over AML.

The AM Vantage has a significantly longer overall body length than the DBS and an entirely different front end. There are various other small changes to both the body and the interior (over the DBS). The engine is identical to that fitted to the DBS Vantage (which itself is almost the same as that fitted to the DB5/. The manual gearbox used is the 'dog leg' 5 speed that was also fitted to the later incarnations of the DBS and to the DBS V8. The wire wheels and front seats are those fitted to both the DB6 Mk2 and the DBS (rather than the DBS V.

For some reason, historically this model has been (largely) unloved, perhaps because it was made after David Brown had gone (and, hence, is not a "DB" car). However, judging by the price tag in the window of the car photographed, this owner (at least) takes the view that those days are over. 
Quote 0 0