John Purser
The following has just been circulated to Area Reps. It would probably be easier if visits were coordinated through Area reps, but time is of the essence.

It would be great if AMOC members helped to give the charities selected a really bumper Christmas box.

PROGRAMME

17.00 Arrival and refreshements in Prodrive heritage centre which houses a collection of 11 race and rally cars and presentation/film show.

18.00 Site tour

Technical centre - Dampers, rally transmissions, rally engines and engine test cell
Aston Martin Racing customer build - Vantage GT4 and Vantage GT2
Bodyshell workshop and bodyshell repair
Fabrication workshop
CNC Machining workshop
Aston Martin Racing workshop and engine build - Aston Martin DBR9 GT1, Vantage GT2, Charouz Racing System LMP1 Le Mans 2008
Impreza Group N workshop Impreza Group N 2008
World Rally Car customer workshop Impreza World Rally Car 2007
Subaru World Rally Team - Impreza World Rally Car 2008

19.30 Departure at leisure from heritage centre.

TICKETS AND DATES

Places are just £20 per person, so please come along with a group of friends or family, or mention this to someone you know who may be interested.

The tours are being held on:

4 Dececmber
9 December
11 December
15 December
17 December
18 December

To book your tour please e-mail jirwin@prodrive.com

We look forward to seeing you.

Regards
Jonathan Walls
Marketing Manager
Prodrive
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Thanks John. I have e mailed Prodrive asking for tickets.
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Have booked for the 17th. Looking forward to it very much. it's been a long time since I've been in a racing workshop.
Quote 0 0
williamp
I organised this for Area 7 about 4 years ago, when they were building the first DBR9. Very interesting tour, and worth while.
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
I presume this is in Banbury?
Quote 0 0
XXX Angel XXX
i wish i could go there
2018 DB11 V8
2019 Cayenne Turbo
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
EasyJet to West Midlands airport and a hire car should do it.
Quote 0 0
XXX Angel XXX
wife 1.0 wont agree.....  :'(
2018 DB11 V8
2019 Cayenne Turbo
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Tell her the shiopping in Oxford for christmas presents is excellent!  ;D
Quote 0 0
XXX Angel XXX
Problem that you don't know is: that my wife generates 50% of our monthly income - she don't care about me for shopping....... 
2018 DB11 V8
2019 Cayenne Turbo
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
XXX Angel XXX wrote:

Problem that you don't know is: that my wife generates 50% of our monthly income - she don't care about me for shopping....... 
Won't ask how! 
Quote 0 0
vrooom
I'll be there tomorrow (the 4th!!)
Thanks for alerting us to the event John.
Have a Pilchard!
Martin,it is Banbury according to the thread title but if I'm there tomorrow by myself I'll let you know!!!
Quote 0 0
wondercat
Straight down the M40, keep looking to the right, you can't miss it ;D

DB7 the model that saved the marque.
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Mike Smith wrote:

I'll be there tomorrow (the 4th!!)
Thanks for alerting us to the event John.
Have a Pilchard!
Martin,it is Banbury according to the thread title but if I'm there tomorrow by myself I'll let you know!!!
Directions have been e mailed to me by prodrive so I know where I'm going now thanks. I was slightly confused by mention of banbury and Heritage Centre which I always think of is at Gaydon.
Quote 0 0
John Purser
I hope a few members got there. Excellent value for a leisurely walk about the place for 3 hours and they have topped up the charity's piggy bank nicely, too.
The place is immaculate, ultra well organised. Several Astons in various states of build -up/dismantledom and the Gulf liveried LM class winner this year was sat next to the Charouz car. Excellent guides, very candid answers to some questions !
Selection of (very) sporty Subarus available - £500, 000 to drive away  ;D
Quote 0 0
Tim M
John, I wish I could have gone. We need more info---what were the candid answers to what questions (as if I couldn't guess!).
Formula 1, WRC and Le Mans for starters.
Quote 0 0
John Purser
Tim M wrote:

John, I wish I could have gone. We need more info---what were the candid answers to what questions (as if I couldn't guess!).
Formula 1, WRC and Le Mans for starters.
Yes, these are all races taking place in 2009 
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
I have promised John I wil post some pictures of our tour yesterday and i will but it will probably be tomorrow as I didn't get in until after midnight last night and have been in my coffin all day today.

it was a pleasure to meet JP at last and put a face to a name. I must apologise for not saying goodbye to John last night, my friend and i were so engrossed on the route home I forgot. Sorry.

As to the abovr questions, no one knows. There were lots of questions concerning next year but nothing definate has been arranged. I think it is safe to say the GT1 cars will run as always. They may be accompanied by other cars but nothing certain. Remember this was only the day after the Suburu announcement was made.

We did see several GT4 Vantages in the process of being built which bodes well for this class of racing next year.

The IMPRESSION I received was that DR is keener on F1 than the workforce is. But no one anything for certain.

A truly excellent evening and I got to see far more of the facilkties than I thought I would, even if we couldn't photograph everything we saw! The cost of things was, in some cases, truly staggering.

Well worth the £20.
Quote 0 0
XXX Angel XXX
:'( :'( :'( all the good things happen on your island....
2018 DB11 V8
2019 Cayenne Turbo
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
XXX Angel XXX wrote:

:'( :'( :'( all the good things happen on your island....
You could ask to visit Cologne?
Quote 0 0