PBY113K
Martin , Will

any news, as i didn't see anything in the news letter but it was just a quick look so i'll check again tonight.

Jason (AKA scoobyj)
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
I didn't find anything either, I need to get in touch with Will. Martin
Quote 0 0
dbsv8i
Hi all,
Coming in late on this but could you let me have details
Thanks
Adrian
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Adrian I'm afraid the proposed get together on the proposed date didn't happen, at least as far as I'm aware. I need to try and get in touch with Will in Leicestershire and see if we are going to do it later in the year. Will proposed a trip to NP moving on to AMOC HQ and then to Gaydon. Martin
Quote 0 0
PBY113K
I would still be up for it, if it was rescheduled

Jason
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
I've e-mailed Will to see what he wants to do in the future. I'll keep you posted. Martin
Quote 0 0
dbsv8i
That's great,

But please don't go anywhere yet as I have all the rear suspension in lots of bits and I then have to get a new exhaust..

That reminds me must take some pics

Hopefully ready for second week in May.

Adrian :-[
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
nice to hear your looking after her Adrian, remember you're only her temporary custodian until I get some more money together!! Martin
Quote 0 0
dbsv8i
Is everybody going to the Concours at Blenheim Palace.

Might be nice to have the DBS V8's in a row like the DBS's

Or alternatively the Silverstone event later on?

Adrian
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
That would make a great photograph. Martin
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Can I ask DBS V8 owners, there appears to be a hole in the calendar on 23rd July so I wonder if we can get together on that date? We need a few cars so before I write to include this in the newsheet can owners inform me asap whether this date is suitable. It is a Sunday so a factory visit at Newport Pagnell will be difficult but the intention is to travel to NP then AMOC HQ and onto Gaydon and the Heritage museum.

There is a sprint at Goodwood the day before but if people would prefer a Saturday I'm sure we can do that.
Martin. To be clear, this get together is for DBS V8 fuel injection cars with the four headlamp system,
Quote 0 0
PBY113K
Hi Martin

We will be up for it, as long as the car makes it back from Le mans in one piece

Jason
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Thanks Jason, hope the car will make it there and back then! Anyone else? Martin
Quote 0 0
CQ DBSV8
I can do that weekend as well.

Chris
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Excellent.Martin
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
This event seems to have been rekindled so I am posting this so it's nearer top of events thread. I hope people will post here rather than in Newport Pagnell DBS V8 fuel injection topic. Martin
Quote 0 0
sprevett
Hi all - I agree with the comment that we want plenty of time to put our anoraks on and compare motors - finding out at last what that borken wire/spare fuse/noise/smoke is all about! I had also wondered if we might persuade Andy Chapman to be our guest - we all seem to need his advice on the FI!! I also wondered whether AM might be interested in such a gathering too - after all they are about to launch the new DBS......

So - are we agreed on the 22nd July? I think we need to fix that first. Gaydon seems a good place to end up - should we arrange a special parking area with the management? Discounted entry to the museum etc? Anyone done this before?

Quote 0 0
PBY113K
Fantastic news, glad the interest is still in it, we'll be there..

A static event would suit us better, as more time to to compare horror/success stories..

Martin, do you want a hand in sorting this out, glad to be of assistance if i can.

Jason
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Jason any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I'm not the best letter writer in the world but will write to the News sheet if you don't want to but if you can that would be great.

I must state quite strongly that the idea for this event is Will Presland's originally I've just taken the ball and ran with it.

I'm delighted by the response and if people just want to meet and greet that's fine by me. Any ideas where?

I think I'll collect names and mobile phone numbers by personal message and then run a list nearer the time of who's intending to come.

If any one has anything they wish to add as to what to do or where to go the floor is yours. Martin
Quote 0 0
pbrett
Count me in any excuse for a run up the motorway!

So long as it isn't too far, more than 100GBP in fuel is too far, so south of Birmingham and east of bath should be okay
Quote 0 0
PBY113K
Martin

YHM

Jason
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Jason You Have a Reply!! Martin
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
From trawling the various threads that have made up this item I have come up with the following people who have expressed an interest in our little foray. If I've mis-interpreted your intentions apologies in advance and of course this is by no means a definative list at all.

Jason has kindley agreed to write a note to the News Sheet publicising this event which will hopefully bring a response from others.

As I've not helped organise an event before perhaps Webby or the moderators might be able to provide a little guidence i.e. do we have to inform AMOC of our intentions? Should it bre decided to go to AMOC HQ and Gaydon do we need to inform them we are coming, the same is true of NP of course. Any help and advice would be warmly welcomed. Martin P.S. the tour is for DBS V8s, four headlamps and mechanical fuel injection, but anyone who is interested in Aston Martin in general or these cars in particular but doesn't own one, like me, are welcome to share the day.

The list is:

Lord Brett Sinclair
Vanquish Spirit
CQ DBS V8
SPrevitt
PBY113K
PBrett
DBSV8i
Quote 0 0
dbsv8i
Martin,

Yes I Have the 22nd Free.

Looking forward to it.

Adrian
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Adrian that will be great. I will look forward to meeting you and seeing the car again. Martin
Quote 0 0