NeilwilliamsV8
Are there members going to Le Mans with motoring adventures? I am and was wondering if you would like to convoy together, or if there are already convoys set up can I come please :-*
Neil
Quote 0 0
AstonZagato
Can someone remind me of the date?  I rather suspect that it is a weekend that I have promised my daughter that I'll accompany her (and 15 other monosyllabic, hormonal teenage girls - God help me) on a school trip to Berlin.
Quote 0 0
TVJL
Le Mans is 17th & 18th of June. The Le Mans Classic is the 8th & 9th of July (and thus clashes with the Goodwood Festival).

We will be going to one, or the other, or (perhaps) both, events, and would be delighted to 'convoy'. In fact, we may make up a mini convoy on our own anyway - Lag up front (it is to be hoped) and support vehicle behind.
Quote 0 0
williamp
We're travelling down thursday in the Aston, coming back Monday.  Going visa the Eurotunnel, and staying in a cheap hotel/ Houx campsite

Any use?
Quote 0 0
PBY113K
The dates for the motoring adventures is 15 - 19th
We are going via the tunnel and it would be good to meet up with others,
Niel,
If you enough spares in that support wagon of yours for a DBS V8 we would surely like to tag along.

Jason
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Will I'm flying in Saturday morning and getting to circuit by coach in time for lunch. Can we meet somewhere? I have a grandstand seat for start and finish but ant other time will be fine?

No mention of DBS V8 tour we discussed in news sheet tyhis still on or are you still thinking about it. Post or e-mail me. Martin
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
I'm going on Thursday morning and staying near Rouen Thursday night, then on to hotel near 'Silly William' for Fri & Sat.

Not doing the laps this year as the whole Motoring Adventures thing is a couple of grand as opposed to £400 last year!

Here are the shots of our tip again  (posted a few times before).

http://www.astonmartin.wwwpage.co.uk/lemans2005/
Quote 0 0
Webby
Aston Martin are also ofering a hospitality package at Le Mans this year, at a cost of £1,250. You can read all about it and register here
Quote 0 0
jsadler
My dealer 'invited' me to the Astom Martin VIP Club, if I was willing to pay £1250 per person. Seems a little over priced to me, I think I will stay with my mates and have our own 'hospitality' for £1250 for all 20 of us!

So I will see all you Aston Boys and Girls at Indianapolis Corner on Friday morning? (my favourite time and place in the world)
Quote 0 0
pbrett
Will be hoping to get to Le mans this year in the newly aquired DBS V8, but not willing to haemorage cash for official stuff.  Will travel out on euro tunnel and pack tent. 

Member of ACO so can get tickets and parking permits.

Last year camped about 15 mins away from circuit in a chateau campsite with loads of other brits.  Noisy but good.  Anyone else do Le mans on "the cheap" and fancy a convoy?
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Brett if you do get there would like to arrange a time and place for a meeting. I'm having to fly in and out unfortunately but would like to get together with as many people as I can whilst I'm there. You up for a beer or three? Martin
Quote 0 0
astonatic
I'm travelling down via Eurotunnel with others on the Thurs and returning Mon, camping in Les Houx which was very good last year. Brick built washing facilities and cleaned each time shower cubicle or toilet was used. numbered pitches and electric points.Walled perimeter with some security. some areas sheltered by trees. Recommended.
Not sure of timings at present but will post once known.
I've also booked track time with hospitality package.
I have a passenger slot for the track time including hospitality available should anyone wish to share the cost.
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
YHM. Martin
Quote 0 0
pbrett
Is Les Houx the campsite to the north east of Le mans about 15 mins from circuit?

Or is it one of the circuit campsites?

I might have one or two seats available for the trip down.  I also think that Aston is the mark being celebrated at St Saturnin this year.
Quote 0 0
astonatic
Quote:
Is Les Houx the campsite to the north east of Le mans about 15 mins from circuit?

Les Houx is the one near Parc Vert about 10 mins walk from the circuit village. If you have last years programme pages 8 and 9, the white cross near E11 entree is a good indication of position.
Quote 0 0
pbrett
I know it, otherside of road from parcing vert!  Forgot the name. I have always parked in Vert basically on the Bugatti circuit.  previously just camped out of back of car in there.

We were at chanteloup a 15 min drive away, but it did have a swimming pool, bar restaurant and loads of showers.

Lord Sinclair, always up for a beer or champers at Le Mans and most other times!
Quote 0 0
astonatic
Thats the one,
Sounds like a nice site, what was travel like into the circuit?

A lot of people brought their own swimming pools last year!
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Last year you needed a pool, doubt it will be like that two years running! (We can hope!) Martin
Quote 0 0
DavidBrownsGhost
Please know that I would give the proverbial left testicle to join you all - I'll be there in spirit.

Someday...  ...someday.
Quote 0 0
pbrett
The first trip into the circuit took 50 mins because we stupid english followed the official signs.  These took us from the northeast around the north of le mans down the west side and across the south to the circuit entrance at the southeast!!

We decided to look at the map after that and subsequent journeys took about 15 mins!!!  We found a nice little road that dropped us off oposite the entrance to the part of the circuit for parking vert.
Quote 0 0
NeilwilliamsV8
I am travelling on Thursday 15th via Euro tunnel (if they are still in business?) from Slough, don’t know what time yet “Sat navy” will be fitted, car serviced and repainted, on the way a steady run, but once there my chariot will get a dam good thrashing ! 
What the restriction on the circuit 
Quote 0 0
nicke999
I'm travelling down on the Friday am returning Monday Eurotunnel. Staying on the Porsche club site... just looking at buying a 2 man tent!
Quote 0 0
AWV12
On https://www.am2lemans.com/  it is shown what is all included in the VIP package, but does this mean it EXCLUDES hotel accomodation? Two years ago I had a 3-day VIP package of "another participating team " with similar items (VIP lounge, parking, diner, pit box visit, entrance, etc), plus 2 nights hotel for 2 persons totaling Euro 1800 (so Euro 900 per person).

Any people have ideas of good and available accomodation in the close area?

The crazy thing is my AM V8 is planned to be delivered just in that period! 

regards,

Albert aka AWV8
DBS Volante Manual - Hammerhead Silver, Grey softtop
Quote 0 0
Andrew Ross
Ok tickets booked for Beau Sejour and grandstand.
So as complete novices what else do we need to know or do? if we arive on Thursday will we only get a poor pitch or will it be OK, do we need take all food with us or can we just eat there.If you only told someone to take one thing or do one thing what would it be?
Quote 0 0
astonatic
Some camp sites have marked out pitches which are assigned at booking time, others are free for all.
Food is available but get very busy with waiting upto an hour before being served for sit down at peak periods.
Most people camping hit the Mammouth and other hyper markets on the outskirts of Le Mans, just follow the Brits...
Our camping list was comprehensive last year resulting in 7 guys having one of everything 60% of which wasnt needed because of the extraordinary weather!
1 item worth its wait in gold last year was the lightweight collapsable chair which you can take anywhere obtainable from Halford etc for about £10. If more than 2 of you are going  Walkie-Talkies- you can wander off or get lost without spending the rest of the day worrying.
Friday night in Arnage is a good crack for winding up Inter Plod, although they can get a bit narked if you're into losing a bit of rubber.
Getting into Le Mans centre for the drivers parade last year was a no hoper, thats not to say dont bother, more if you want to see it go early... very early.
Quote 0 0