williamp
Hi all,

I have a spare ticket for Houx campsite- you'll be in the space next to ourselves (DBS V , martyn smith (V and a few other friends.

This ticket was taken, but is now available. Does anyone want it? Price is face value (68 euro, about 40-odd quid)

Let me know

Will
07917 195 607
Quote 0 0
Andrew Ross
Hi Will, we have a pitch at Beausejour,largely because we booked late and this is our first time. There are 3 chaps, aV8 vatage and a tent that is 220cm by 570cm plus guys, should I give you £40 or stay where we are? We will arive Thursday mrning and come home on Monday.
Quote 0 0
williamp
Andrew Ross wrote:

Hi Will, we have a pitch at Beausejour,largely because we booked late and this is our first time. There are 3 chaps, aV8 vatage and a tent that is 220cm by 570cm plus guys, should I give you £40 or stay where we are? We will arive Thursday mrning and come home on Monday.

Hi,

I have stayed in Beausejour before. I didnt think much of it: there are no facilities bar a mobile-style toilet block, and its a long walk to everywhere (apart from one corner- the pits/village/chicane/Tetre rouge are a long walk away). Houx is the most expensive campsite at Le Mans but you do get what you pay for. Here is what Beermountain.com says about both of them

Houx:

Much smaller than it's noisy neighbour, and is situated behind the village opposite Houx Annexe. Camping Houx offers better facilities, including electrical hook up and full toilet/shower set up. Each ticket you buy gives you a marked out plot of fixed dimensions - usually just big enough to get a small motorhome into (but sometimes not!). Because you have a numbered plot, you don't need to worry about arriving early - the place is yours. Make sure if you have more than one ticket that they are adjacent plots. It's a nightmare if your plot is split up or the wrong size though...

Pros: Great for "full service" campers; hard to get tickets; easy walk to the village
Cons: Expensive if you don't need what's on offer
Typical Camper: Smaller groups, mix of aficionados, anoraks and people who like their creature comforts

Beausejour:

Added at the last minute in 2002, this site is out past Karting Nord where the road goes under the track. It's a bit of a mess, but has good viewing potential if slightly remote.

Pros: Views nearby at a great sweeping corner
Cons: Rumours of much "fencing off" of private areas for locals/marshals?
Typical Camper: Mr Last Minute - "camping tickets - do you buy those on the gate?"

There will be 5/6 cars of us there in a block, with (hopefully) a fridge for the beer, etc. Houx also has a shop and shower block. As we are sharing a block of 6, we should have plenty of room.

natutrally I think you should come with us- having 3 V8's together would be great. But its your choice- I can always sell the ticket on ebay or pistonheads.

PS Do you have a paddling pool? I know you said its your first time, and it can get very, very hot there with little or no escape from the heat.

In fact, as its your first time have a look at http://www.beermountain.com for hints, tips, etc. They are a bit OTT with the camping and partying,(eg you dont need fairy lights and a premium sound system with V8 engines),  but it does have a good list of what you need. Dont forget FM radio walkmans for the commentary at the very least!
Quote 0 0
astonatic
Stayed at Houx last year. Very good in my book
Staying again this yea,r DB7 with a late 70's Vantage and a few crates of champagne!
Quote 0 0
williamp
So thats at least 4 Astons in Houx, How about it Andrew?
Quote 0 0
williamp
Not heard anything. Anyone else want it?
Quote 0 0
Andrew Ross
Sorry Will, have been to France for the weekend and had to talk to my partners in crime to chek they were happy. Yes we will have it if thats OK. If you email me your addres and exactly how much I wil send you a cheque. See you in a week.
Quote 0 0
alecmartin
good move Andrew....
Quote 0 0
tunlaw
Shame on you Andrew!  We stayed at Beausejour last year and enjoyed it so much we booked there again for this year, despite being early enough to pick almost any of the others.  Toilet blocks were plentiful and spotless (each block maintained by a permanently resident attendant living in a tent besifde the block).  Shower water temperature variable.  Loads of space if you avoid the somwhat crowded parts near the entrance where the early arrivers were bunched in.

OK, it's a fair distance to the grandstands and the village, but close to the Porsche curves.  I wanted a Vantage there this year so I could show my colleague (who hopes to have his new Audi RS4 delivered by then) what a V8 ought to sound like!

Hope we can meet up during the weekend anyway.

John
John Cheyne
Quote 0 0
Andrew Ross
Soory John it was the lure of the fridge for cold beers what done it. Has keith got your details to make sure we meet up?
Quote 0 0
Dwarf
I agree with you Tunlaw, I camped there last year and really had a good time, and I am there by choice this year in my DB7.

I didnt think the showers were bad at all, spotless in fact.

I would have taken Will's ticket for sure if I hadnt arranged to meet friends there.

Either way you will have a good time and Will is a great bloke who loves Aston's so there you have it.

Does anyone know anything about the Aston's parade Saturday morning?

Quote 0 0
astonatic
I'm doing it. According to the book there are 93 owners going on the AMOC package (doesnt say how many are doing the parade)
It starts at 7:30 am on the Saturday morning over the full Sarthe circuit
Quote 0 0
Dwarf
can you just turn up to the parade in your Aston? or do you have to go through the club?
Quote 0 0
Andrew Ross
Neither you have to book the whole tour. >
Quote 0 0
Dwarf
ok thanks for the info Andrew.

C you all there.
Quote 0 0
Andrew Ross
This pass is not spareits mine. I got it this morning, Thanks Will. not long now
Quote 0 0
williamp
Great see you next week for cold, wet beers

(very wet if the early weather predictions are to be believed)
Quote 0 0
nicke999
Nooooooooooooooo it's going to be hot hot hot

Only 4 working days to go!!!!!!
Quote 0 0
tunlaw
Andrew:  I can't deny that the lure of cold beers is a strong one!  Keith has my details, so I hope we shall meet up wherever we are directed.

Dwarf:  Was it your DB7 (pale gold, if my memory serves me right) close to the barn where Crazy Arthur Brown strutted his stuff?  We were not a million miles from there.  Maybe see you this year. (Incidentally, I never believed I would hear, live, the authentic "I am the god of hellfire, and I bring you..."  Who said Beausejour has "no facilities"!

As far as the track access is concerned, I was offered the laps only (with breakfast, I think) for £350 (as opposed to £850 for the full package.  It appears someone wanted the hospitality package without doing the laps.  I turned it down because £350 would just about double what I'll be paying for the whole weekend, and getting there for 7.30 would be a bit of a killer.  It might be worth trying the Club to see if the spare laps are still available (which I strongly doubt).
John Cheyne
Quote 0 0
Andrew Ross
Apart from this forum can the club organise anything properly?
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
Andrew the club don't organise the forum, Roger and the moderators do, that's why it works so well. martin
Quote 0 0
Andrew Ross
So the answer is no then.

Martin when are you planning to arive at the site?
Quote 0 0
geewizzpip
I'm doing the laps, breakfast, secure parking, International buffet, entry pass etc. for £395, same price as last year.  As has been said, some on the AMOC thingy didn't want the laps.
Quote 0 0
mcatlin
I'm not unfortunately. I booked a trip with Page and Moy, as last year, and it got cancelled due to lack of numbers - no hint of it going ahead and an ex gratia payment being required! - so I booked another tour and the iterary of that got changed  late in the day and I lost interest after that. Next year hope to do it properly: Aston drive to france and back watch the DBR9s win. Martin
Quote 0 0
Andrew Ross
Sorry getting my Martins confused, to save confusion we will call you bruce. the question should have gone to MCSV8?
Quote 0 0